1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Jeez. This guy again.

Seems like a big-market homer, but let's see what his "source" says.

2. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

IMHO Dwight will have a decision before the week is up. I don’t think he likes being seen as indecisive and childish so I think this will all be done this week. He’s doesn’t handle criticism well and having gone through Dwightmare last summer, I don’t think he wants to prolong Dwightmare II this time around.

3. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

Anyone else thing it's significant that Jeanie Buss is having to list reasons for Dwight to come back on Twitter, while Morey is retweeting Dwight with a casual "look at how funny Deke sounds"?

4. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

*holding on tightly*

5. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

That's the problem with Twitter. Every nobody with a handle can act like a rock star.

6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Let's not, and say we did, ok? He knows nothing. I repeat nothing. One of the most respected journalists in the LA area just tweeted 60/40 Houston, yet this guy claims its a lock he's a Laker. Please.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward">@DwightHoward</a> Lakers offer 1) best opportunities for your playing &amp; post-playing career 2) have BEST fans 3) I'm here for you <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23STAYD12&amp;src=hash">#STAYD12</a></p>&mdash; Jeanie Buss (@JeanieBuss) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeanieBuss/statuses/352111922549768192">July 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jeannie or Les?

Might be hard for dwight to say no to that.

8. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

If no state taxes is a non-factor in his decision, the 5th year the Lakers can offer isn't either right?

9. dje243

dje243 Member

I don't know how any player in the NBA wouldn't want to be a part of this group of dudes. We're fun.

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Ha. I've just never seen Chris Palmer break a story, ever. This is so bizarre. If you go back through his ESPN archives, he's not a "gossip" guy. He does analytics and features. Obviously he does have relationships with a few players through that, including Kobe. But going back through his Twitter, I can't even find another example of him posting a rumor. And obviously his colleagues aren't buying it, since he posted "strongly hearing Dwight to re-sign" two hours ago, and no one at ESPN is even acknowledging it.

My best guess: he's hearing intel from the player side, but not being experienced in this field or having a strong depth of contacts, he's prone to being used and doesn't have the league/agency contacts to double-check. Players say lots of things.

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

"I'm here for you"

Um can we get Beyonce to tweet him the same thing?

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

GIS for Chris Palmer ESPN

[​IMG]

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

What everyone needs to get in there heads is that, if Dwight doesnt sign, we still have a very very bright future.

Our team will still be very attractive to FA in 2014.

I hope we resign Garcia, and add another shooter as well to this team.

We showed potential last year, a young team that had stretches of blowing out good competition. They will only get better( I think we are a 6th seed next year).

14. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Who is this guy?

15. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Honestly guys. Regardless of the outcome. Look how much money we have to add more significant pieces to the team! Let's just say we add Josh Smith. We instantly got alot better. We could finagle so more money around. Bring back Delfino, and Garcia. Or one. Add some more depth behind Asik, and be a way better team.

Parsons, and Harden (Maybe Lin) would each improve off of last year, and all is well.

Bottomline is this team is destined to be a top 4-5 team in the west this year.

Only teams that would be better are OKC, Spurs, LAC, Memphis. Maybe the Rockets are better than them with Smith...

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Rule of thumb, if the tweet is more than 10-15 minutes old, it's ALREADY been posted.

This thread needs a list of norms.

17. flipmode

flipmode Member

18. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Sad when older women overestimate their "charisma." And where the HECK are the hot Hou women, and why aren't they stepping up?

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Guys please!! A handshake is not news.

20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Former LA Times NBA columnist. Now doing freelance blogging work in his retirement. Older guy but has a ton of contacts around the league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.