1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacoby

jacoby Member

Has cyberx said anything since last night?

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

From Woj:

That pretty directly states Howard's perspective. Shelburne has also said similar things over the last few weeks (he really likes Houston).

3. Jharden13

Jharden13 Member

It's come to a point now where him choosing anybody but us would be shocking right now.

4. smr6

smr6 Member

The question is, is winning really want Howard cares about, or is he just saying the "correct" thing. We will find out soon enough.

5. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I honestly wouldn't take this as LA, although I know this is fake. A GSW package would be better for the team but they obviously don't want to pay a bad team luxury tax money.

6. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Dwight might re-sign because he's afraid to leave? lmao thats exactly what he did during part 1 of dwightmare. i hope hes learned his lesson by now.

7. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>One source said Howard is a big kid and is being recruited like one. Billboards and meeting celebs mean something to him.</p>&mdash; Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/statuses/352084749604491265">July 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You must have become a Houston sports fan in the last 5 minutes. Even given the mountain of pro's of becoming a Rocket vs the other contenders, I would still be shocked if he chose Houston. That's just the Houston sports fan in me. Too many years of being beaten down.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Sad but true.

10. 45souf

45souf Member

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

For some reason I dont think Im going to be shocked wherever he goes. I'll probably be least shocked if he stays in LA and gives the whole "I want to build something" and "I believe in the legacy of this franchise to deliver titles" blah blah....

I'd love to get a shot at him being a Rocket for 3 or 4 years just because I know what he brings to this team, and cause of how hard the front office, ownership, fans, current players, and former players have worked to get Dwight or any superstar's attention as to how great this franchise is.

However, I just dont see Dwight as a Houston Rockets type of player. Look at how Rockets greats of the past have conducted themselves and what the have represented in the past. Does Dwight Howard have that same presence about him? Not in my opinion.

That can change in the future Id hope if they signed him, but his past history doesn't show that this character change is inevitable.

If Dwight re-signs with the Lakers (or even worse goes to the Mavs) its going to hurt in the short term, but in the long-run I think it might be the best thing for this franchise.

Other teams, and players have been put on notice now that the Rockets are back to being one of the most attractive teams to play for in the NBA... it wont take long after for another great player to want to come play for the Rockets.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Just waiting for the Chris Palmer tweet...

13. Nachobar

Nachobar Where’s my chips?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dwight Howard has joined the rockets! Thanks for a great time in LA big fella!</p>&mdash; Dennis (@NBAANDME) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBAANDME/statuses/352085417916510208">July 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Jharden13

Jharden13 Member

It's just logical. Houston gives Dwight everything he seems to want.

15. johnnybravo

johnnybravo Member

Wasn't that something cyberx said? Sounds like Markazi's source is clutchfans.

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Except for exposure, CSN better get a deal with providers soon!

17. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Morey wont come out and say this player is on the block. Trust me they are on the block. I'm sure Dwight did reference having Josh Smith here or someone else. Josh Smith is the only guy out there so I believe that explains the Rockets meeting with him. In order to get Smith Lin and Asik have to go.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Or Jordan Schultz, whatever that hack that "broke" the Ray Allen signing. :rolleyes:

19. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Houston fans understand that no matter much it makes sense or if we have all the momentum that heartbreak seems one step away. We've experienced it all of our lives so we just keep caution because thats what keeps us sane

20. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

Unfortunately logic rarely prevails in these situations. Especially for someone like Dwight Howard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.