1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Dwight Meeting. Rumors, Tweets and Updates.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

10 july is my birthday . It's got to work!

1 person likes this.
  2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I think he signs with who he signs.

Either ways, to put it in Chandler Parsons words "We're going to be great, with or without you".
    We have an amazing front office and people ready to go the extra mile to make things happen (can you imagine Hakeem Olajuwon flew in from Jordan for this?) so I'm not afraid about the future of this ball club.
    If Dwight can't appreciate the situation he'd be able to come in, there certainly are other players who will.

3. jocar

jocar Member

I agree. But sometimes the ride feels like

[​IMG]

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

I suspect he'll stay in LA or go to Dallas. o_O

Jeff Goodman:

You've known and covered Dwight Howard. The lack of conviction or confusion in his decision-making with free agency and the way he has handled it over the last couple years. Is that consistent with the kid you knew?

No. It completely baffles me. I don't know where it changed or when it changed. I remember covering him in a NBA playoff series here in Boston a few years back. It was a completely different Dwight that we all knew when he was coming through the high school and AAU ranks in Atlanta. He was a quiet kid, didn't really love the attention back then. Now we know he loves the attention. It's interesting for me to see where he's gonna choose. He has different options. If he wants to win, although I'm not even sure which of these scenarios gives him the best chance to win it all. I don't think of any of them do. Is Houston ready to win it all? I know they got a couple of really good young players in James Harden and Chandler Parsons. Golden State is an intriguing one. Steph Curry and Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes - that obviously depends on what they'd have to give up to clear some room. Dallas certainly isn't ready to win. Atlanta, you go back home. That's home for him. That's an intriguing one for me when a guy like Al Horford, a born leader and high character guy but who can keep Dwight in line if Kobe couldn't?

If you were handicapping this, where does he go?

I'll go with Houston just because they brought everybody out of the woodwork to meet with him and make him feel good. I'll go Houston because he is a piece and after watching them this past year, they are young, he can still be the star. Both James Harden and Chandler Parsons are guys that will kinda fit in behind him. They aren't big ego guys. James Harden very quiet. Chandler Parsons completely gets it. He can accomplish a lot of his goals while going to Houston. Being the star, being the center piece, having a chance to compete for maybe not a NBA title but close to it. I'll go Houston but I don't think anybody knows.

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Thanks! What's up with the first line saying it's either LA or Dallas??

6. jocar

jocar Member

Happy b-day, bro! :grin:

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I hope he decides today, with my gut feeling its either here or LA. Anywhere else would have me saying wtf.

8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lets hope Chris Mannix is right that Dwight wants to play with James Harden

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

go swallow the stuff under the sink

jk

but really go do it

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

As much as I like Cisco, If it was even remotely possible, I'd love Lopez as a backup C at the room exception so Asik can be traded and our bench defense be solid.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

That's just my speculation.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I agree with JR. All the speculation about Houston feels to me the same way it did last year when everyone kept putting our name out there as a trade possibility. They say it because it "makes sense" not because they are ACTUALLY hearing it from Dwight. (Even though they may say it.)

But at the same time I disagree with people who say if he goes to Dallas or stays in LA that he doesn't care about winning. Neither of those teams are likely to be contenders in year 1, but with Dwight on the roster they have every chance to contend in the next few years.

13. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/64012515?color=f27900" width="500" height="209" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/64012515">AMATEUR - a short prequel to the feature film MANCHILD</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/ryanbkoo">Ryan Koo</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

Stay positive fellas!

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

WTF is this crap and why is it here? I could only make it thru 15 seconds before I had to stop it, and that's 15 seconds of my life I'll never get back.

16. Aleron

Any free agent they can get that doesn't have the initials L R J will result in no championships for either team, their just isn't the talent until Durant in 2016 that's going to be a free agent, they also have no trade assets to get anyone that might fall through.

17. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

So anything new?

18. SS0101

SS0101 Member

This is interesting to me...I am a nobody, but the last few days I have really felt that the "Houston front runner" thing was nice, but too early. I think we peaked too early in this whole "sweepstakes" thing. One of the main reasons is if you go back to the root of all this Dwight stuff, it was ALL about the big market (Like, LA obviously even though it wasn't his first choice). Aside from that, the original list that was put out there all this time ago when he demanded a trade from Orlando, Dallas was on there. Are there holes in this thought process? Sure, for example Dallas at THAT time was a possible landing spot for Dwill. So again, holes exist in this thinking, just my gut feeling though. I think LA and Dallas are more likely than us.

19. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

thanks...just cause I dont believe everything you have heard is true doesnt mean you are not hearing from good sources.

keep it up.

I think people are just overly sensitive on howard situation.

20. Aleron

LA - Kobe, Gasol
    Brooklyn - Williams
    Dallas - Dirk (2 years ago)

Houston - Martin, Scola :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.