1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Donatas Motiejunas FIBA Basketball World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 30, 2014.

1. omgTHEpotential

Voice of Aus must be really happy right about now.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Game over, Carl Herrera's hotties steal the day.

On the bright side, DMo makes a great cheerleader

----------------------

New Zealand vs. Lithuania - 9AM Sunday

Round of 16, let's go!

#102 shastarocket, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Probably, but Dragic is a bit of a whiner, he actually moaned about Australia playing its 3rd stringers and losing to Angola so it didn't play the US in the quarters.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

The frontcourt without Donuts & Valancunis is more mobile and plays better more versatile defense.

5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Why cornerstone doesn't have a thread like this?

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Most important FIBA question here:

What the heck is the deal with those big A#% blue water bottles?

-Do they really need that much water at once?
    -Are they sharing those between everyone?
    -Is that very sanitary?
    -If they are drinking that much at once, aren't they pissing themselves?
    -Why are they twist off? Can we not find a freaking squeeze bottle to make it easier for everyone?
    -Are they chilled on ice?
    -Where's the brand name? Those look like something you'd pay 10 bucks for at a Rockets game.

I'm just very confused about the whole big a#$ blue water bottle situation. Please someone help me make sense of this so I can watch and enjoy the games without going crazy.

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I've seen them used by every team expect Team USA. Instead they use these comically small clear plastic cups. Therefore it is safe to assume that the bottles don't contain water at all, but actually vodka.

9. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I think team usa is happy that they get to avoid us more ;)

I'll take the easy run of Turkey and Lithuania to make the bronze medal match in all seriousness and hope the dragic combo can beat team usa.

Also dragic talks crap about our team for tanking yet they only scored 2 points in the last quarter in a match they lose by 3. irony at its best

#109 Voice of Aus, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  10. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Shots fired. :)

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This is where I know that this team despite the need of some adjustments to the roster needs a very impressive defensive assistant coach soon. After a couple years in the NBA our players should not look so dumb founded on defense. DMO should know what to do because all season long in Houston that defense is already instilled. It is embarrassing that two of our players that are in FIBA have no idea how to play team defense. How much more evidence does Morey need to see in order for us to realize that. Do fans need to start posting signs in the game.

12. traveler

traveler Member

lol

I think it is this water.

http://solandecabras.com/history/

13. omgTHEpotential

Not sure if you're kidding about the 'easy run' but just in case you aren't...

Turkey seems tough though. If they show up for the game like they did against USA, it can be tough to slow them down. They have good shooters and they are able to execute the PnR/PnP very well.

Lithuania might not be as easy of an opponent as well. This time around they might not get thrown off by some pressure to start the game.

14. Voice of Aus

I was joking as I said after that line 'in all seriousness' I think we can beat turkey with our perimeter shooting and we kept DMo and JV to 6 points with solid defence, then if we pass both of them it's on to Slovenia or USA for either a chance at the good medal match or bronze medal match.

If we had bogut and mills in the team I think we could push the USA team if we were on, that's why I bet the field (everyone against USA) to win the world cup

15. FeaR

FeaR Member

Yeah and IF Lithuania had Kalnietis, they would have beat you. A lot of "ifs".

16. Voice of Aus

Mills (London Olympics top scorer and very good international player)
    +
    Bogut

Is better than

Kalnietis

17. FeaR

FeaR Member

I agree about Mills but Bogut will never be healthy, i doubt warriors will ever let him participate in a tournament. Also kalnietis is their entire backcourt (very good defender,streaky shooter but he has a winning mentality,he will take the last shot). Australia has Della and Exum(although inexperienced).

18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Yeah, Slovenia just failed, they didn't tank. Unlike Australia. :)

19. Voice of Aus

Classic dragic never been able to get the job done and get his team into the correct seed ;)

20. Egils

Egils Member

I really hope you win against Turkey and Lithuania advance to 1/4..And they prove you wrong. :) I seriously doubt that LTU will get caught by this pressure again. I believe they are able to adjust to this rugby style referees as well and beat you without any if's. If's never count when talking about competitive sports IMO.