1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Disrespect is Well Earned

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Oct 29, 2015.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

already mentioned this before. this is yet to be determined and will largely be based on the season. likely will be played by ear.

2. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

how's that working so far? if anything it's earned more disrespect as a whinny and overly sensitive fan base.

Hey if you and others really feel winning does something far be it from me to say you shouldn't. I just don't think it's the way to change the narrative........and a sports organization earns far more respect by simply beating the crap out of their opponents in workman like fashion.

3. malakas

malakas Member

You can complain by actions. Don't click articles that are of clickbaiting "journalists" that overhype the big markets all the time. Click and read and support journalists that are objective in their opinions.

I don't have a problem if someone wants to analyse the warriors or the spurs or okc. I have a problem when someone forgets taht the Rockets exists and instead decides to write three articles on how Boston is going to win 50 games next season.:rolleyes:
    They write these articles because they know that they will get clicks from these teams big fanbase, well I don't have to give them my click I don't have to empower them.
    I can call them out on their bullcrap instead.
    And if enough people do that, ignore the trash and pay attention to the worthy analysts then that's how you can make better the nba coverage.

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

yes that i can get behind......I don't ever click on the bait posted here or espn. For the exact reason you mention. What doesn't help IMO is when fans post the crap and complain about what they say because then you're almost guaranteeing people on here on going to click on it further encouraging the problem.

5. Fawkward

Fawkward Member

This is a kneejerk thread. If we beat the warriors let's see how fast you make that 180

6. thejav

thejav Member

lol.. cmon dude..

7. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I also have been trying to hold back and believe that they was lucky last year. If the spurs didn't lose to the pelicans.....rockets don't make past first round. And for all the people that can't see it right now their true colors will shine upon you. The rockets defense is not championship level and will never reached that level with the coaches they have in place.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Watching Spurs/Thunder instead of the team you're a "huge fan" and a "true fan" of pretty much says it all.
    <BR>

9. 1Deep

1Deep Member

That's all u got out of the post bruh..really! I am a huge Rockets fan so much so i can't bare to watch us get dismantled. If watching some of the Spurs vs OKC game once i could clearly see we were getting our asses handed to us means i'm not a "true fan" ok u got me..smh

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

But I couldn't give a rat's ass about love from the national media - all I care about is W's. Put enough of those on the board and the rest will take care of itself. Also, I just don't see other teams looking at them like they're the "Great Satan". They aren't dirty players (save for Beverly) and everyone sort of chuckles at Howard and his antics. Seriously, the only player here who scares anyone is Harden because he's freakishly good and can go off on you every night.

11. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

pathetic performance last night, I ain't going to let one bad game ruin the pursuit though lets stay calm

12. photojoe

photojoe Member

I didn't mean for the thread to turn into a debate about Billy Donovan.

First off, I'm sorry if it came across as condescending when I typed "sigh". I typed that because it seemed to me that the other poster misunderstood what I had said. If it came across as snarky, sarcastic or like a smart-ass then I apologize. That was not my intention.

Additionally, no one is arguing Billy Donovan's college coaching career. Multiple NBA teams have attempted to get him to switch to the pros before. I'm not saying that he will be a bad coach.

You said "assuming we are unable to extrapolate coaching performances based on prior data in a different league isn't exactly sound." And, well, I do think that we are unable to extrapolate coaching data from different leagues. And I also think that history backs that up as well.

-John Calipari has been a great college coach. He has won 77% of his games at the college level and a ridiculous 81% since he has been at Kentucky. In the NBA? 39% before he was fired 20 games into his third season with a 3-17 record.
    -Rick Pitino has a 74% winning percentage in the college levels for 6 different schools. In the NBA he won 46%.
    -Seton Hall was terrible before they hired PJ Carlesimo. Carlesimo rebuilt that program and brought them to their first ever NCAA tournament and eventually the NCAA championship game. In the NBA, he won 43% of his games.
    -Leonard Hamilton has won 55% of his games in college over 28 seasons. He coached one year in the NBA, won 19 games, and was fired.
    -Tim Floyd has coached for 6 different college teams and posted a winning record of 60%. In 4 years in the NBA? Winning record of 20%.
    -Jerry Tarkanian is a hall of fame NCAA coach. Over a very long college coaching career, he won 80% of his games. In the NBA, he lasted for 20 games as the coach of the Spurs before he was fired.

To be fair, all of these coaches probably didn't get a chance coaching in the NBA with the same amount of talent as the loaded OKC Thunder that Donovan is able to coach this year. And, again, my point isn't to say that Billy Donovan is or will be a bad coach. All that I am trying to say is that we can't say that he will be a good NBA coach just because he was a good college coach.

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

100% agree.

Contender team won't play lazy basketball. No defense, no effort at all. Mental weakness.

14. anchel

anchel Member

You are right. FTW as well. It is disheartening. We as fans should be extremely excited for this season, our team should be exciting like those are. Obviously it is not.

Thanks.

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Wilson Chandler and Jusuf Nurkic didn't play due to injury.
    Danilo Gallinari didn't play NBA the whole last season.
    Mudiay played his first NBA game.

Rockets fans still try to find excuses for 20pts blowout. LOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLlll

16. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

One game, pretty much all of pre-season, and most of last year. Our ball movement has never been on the level of the Spurs or Warriors.

17. MistaK

MistaK Member

Agree, we were just so so sooo sooooo lucky to have our expected starting lineup play TWO full games together last season. People going in and out of the lineup and your Number 2 guy missing half the season. Still made the number 2 seed. They were banged up in the playoffs too with two starters missing and DH being banged up as well. Was there luck involved in that Clippers game - sure! that was one game only! The Clippers could have closed out the Rockets 3! times and didn't manage to. Give Respect where it is due.

Predictable as in, you know the Rockets want to get in the paint, hit the three and eliminate bad shots. Despite it being the most predictable offense in the league, other teams still don't seem to have figured out the Rockets' offense.

Please, the Rockets have as good of a shot at winning it all, as any other contender. Give them time. You still got guys injured or coming back and new pieces to integrate. Even if the GSW were to dismantle the Rockets today, it is just one game - won't mean anything in the playoffs.

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Just because you say it's not a knee-jerk reaction doesn't mean it's not a knee-jerk reaction.

This is a knee-jerk reaction. You would not have posted this thread had the Rockets won last night, as we all know they would have 9 times out of 10.

19. photojoe

photojoe Member

Most of last year? You mean the year where we dealt with numerous injuries but finished second in a stacked Western Conference and made it to the Western Conference Finals?

Was out ball movement as good as San Antonio's? No, probably not. But we won more games during the regular season and went farther in the playoffs than they did. Was it as good as Golden State's? No, probably not. But no team was as good as Golden State's and we added Ty Lawson for that specific purpose. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes the first 15-20 games for them to start clicking together.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Which is why I said I don't care about it.

But I'm also not blind to it, either. Their performance last year merits more respect than it got.

I agree though..so what? Use that if you're a player and you feel slighted. A chip on your shoulder can work wonders.