1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Disrespect is Well Earned

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Oct 29, 2015.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

instead of treating opening day like one game of an 82 game season, they should've treated it as a way to let the world know they're not here to **** around. they're coming for the title and no one's gonna stop them. opening day at home too. thats not how title contenders start the season.

thats why as a rockets fan you shouldn't be happy with your team. dont look at it as just another game

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Ban the Rockets

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

4. ThaShark316_28

Stopped there.

When y'all stop pretending like "luck" is some negative thing, it'll be a great day.

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

But Ty Lawson is suppose to put us over the top

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Rockets roster isn't that good compared to the other contenders though, and most importantly, our COACH is by far the worst coach out of any contending team.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I disagree with the statement on the roster. It's deep and includes one of the top 3 players in the game...that's been more than enough for teams to win rings with.

8. alcatrazpsycho

Compared the Warriors-Pelicans game the night before, the Rockets play like a bunch of strangers at the gym playing pickup basketball...

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The overreaction over one game is epic in the GARM.

10. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

Coaching...that is the difference in those teams. We either need to get a better head coach or supplement in some better assistant coaches. Otherwise this team is going no where with their Moreyball philosophy.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

coaching..so execution has nothing to do with it? They shot 20% from 3 yet the problem is coaching. ok. For once, people should try holding players accountable from time to time. Its funny seeing people on here ripping AD for his horrible game Wednesday yet JH's opening night game was just as bad if not worse.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

In a weak year the Rockets would be loaded but not this year. spurs roster is just as deep and has a better front court, not to mention HOF coach.

Warriors have proven that they are deep and talented. The Thunder roster is better than our roster, with arguably 2 of the top 5 players in the game. Didn't even touch the Clippers yet.

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I agree with you as far as talent. However, the questions (or doubt) about the Rockets ability to win a championship center more around things like defense, coaching and their having the intestinal fortitude to do what it takes to make it to the top. As far as the question of "disrespect", I don't feel that the national media "disrespects" the Rockets at all but rather overlooks them because they have yet to do enough to place them among the elite teams in the league. Winning games will change ll that - they need to win and keep winning and the rest will take care of itself.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

They won the 2nd most games in a stacked conference last year and went to the Western Conference Finals. The only team that knocked them out was the one who won a ring. Teams who do less than that generally get more love from the national media.

I don't care, honestly. It's a given I've come to expect. Honestly, I like it more that we're sort of reviled. I embrace it at this point.

15. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

I agree execution has a lot to do with it. I mean you cant win games if youre not making points. But if you see that your starting lineup is not working, then you should probably see if other combinations will work. Prime example, McHale had KJ, Dekker, and Thornton on the bench...why not give those guys a shot earlier in the game. He waits till they are getting blown out to put those guys in, meanwhile they were sitting on the bench chilling. Instead of maybe substituting them in earlier, even if for a minute or two. If you see things arent working and no one is hitting shots, Im not saying that those guys would have changed the game but do you think that going with a small lineup was the answer?

I just very questionable decision making by McHale and it really worries me that sometimes he has his head so far up his ass that he cant see whats going on.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Dwight is the defense of the Rockets. At the end of the day he's the difference in what makes Houstons defense look pathetic like last night and actually good when he plays. As much as I like what I'm seeing from Capella he's still not there yet which is ok. Definitely on the right track. The rockets being as deep as they are this year im sure the question of substitutions will be brought up plenty of times this season especially in the ~20-25 games the rockets will likely lose this year. We might even see KJ and Thornton get some time tomorrow. Right now, its about finding the right rotations and everyone adjusting to each other and hopefully find a good rhythm.

17. ibm

ibm Member

overreaction? where is it? i hardly see any. no one here is saying the season is doomed or its over.

granted there are fluke games in any season for any team. but last night's game was beyond that, given the fashion we got blown out and never led at any point of the game.

frustration due to the obvious under-preparation or unpreparedness wasnt overreaction of any sort. its a legit concern.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

I guess you haven't read much of the threads going on

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This team will not go 8-33 from three point range again this season as they did last night.

Last night we died by the 3 and now everyone else on here is killing themselves for it.

If we beat the Warriors tomorrow everyone will be signing their praises again... the roller coaster of an 82 game season with the GARM's reactions is real.

:rolleyes:

20. houston19519

houston19519 Member

[​IMG]