1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Devil Nextdoor Documentary - Netflix

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HTM, Nov 21, 2019.

1. HTM

HTM Member

Anyone else watch this?

It's a 5 part Netflix documentary that was released at the beginning of the month. It tells the story of the trial of John Demjanjuk who was accused of being the notorious Treblinka (Holocaust extermination) guard "Ivan the Terrible."

justtxyank likes this.
  2. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I started it, but I couldn’t get into it. It did make me realize something though: I’ve gotten so jaded towards fake news/media/documentaries/things on the internet, that I’ve found myself questioning everything I see or hear. So when someone would make a comment in the show, I was so busy trying to process how it was probably taken out of context that I’d get behind while trying to analyze previous scenes.

Riz and Ottomaton like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Dude lived to be 91 . . . .. . d*mn (I googled it)
    ION KNow if I want to even check it . . . .seems depressing and will piss me off

Rocket River

4. Buck Turgidson

Crazy story, I remember the news coverage of him getting arrested when I was a kid. Kurt Waldheim? and others too.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I remember reading about this guy about a decade ago and I was like wait... he's still alive..?

Rocket River likes this.
  6. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Yeah I binged watched it when it came out. Interesting stuff. Y’all think he really was Ivan or not 100% convinced?

7. HTM

HTM Member

I definitely think there is/was a reasonable doubt John Demjanjuk was Ivan the terrible and I agree with the Supreme Court of Israels decision. I have to applaud the Israeli judiciary for coming to that decision too. Its hard to imagine coming to a decision you know would be so unpopular and so hurtful to so many Israelis but the rule of law has to come first.

jcf, B-Bob and Air Yordan like this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't even think it's a case of reasonable doubt. I haven't watched the documentary, but in reality it turned out to be completely false and was most likely a Russian intelligence framing of him. It later turned out that he may have been a guard at ANOTHER death camp but not Ivan the Terrible.