1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Democrats are handing Trump the election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 23, 2020.

1. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

We will see, I have my doubts.

2. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Represent!!

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Probably some truth to this especially if (as I believe) Bernie actually is a winning candidate potentially. Still these are two individuals who healthy democracies typically do not elect. I think it's a sign that the vast majority of people in the US believe the government is just not functioning anymore and they want to see a figurative bomb go off in the system. Trumpers blame liberal Oligarchs who use brown people to make their lives worse while Bernie folks more or less just blame corruption, corporations, and oligarchs.

But the point is still kind of the same. The voters want to blow this thing up, and its not really a sign of a healthy democracy.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah, it's not just them. Citizens United and the corruption of both parties have led people to seek politicians that serve them.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder how many Republicans like yourself register as dems and vote for Bernie in the primary

https://thehill.com/homenews/481489...-for-sanders-in-south-carolina-primary-report

This is sad. The GOP feels the need to interfere in the Democratic primary shows they no longer respect democracy. These lawmakers should be ashamed.

#85 Sweet Lou 4 2, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    ROCKSS, jiggyfly and MiddleMan like this.
  6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Democrats are handing this election by voting for Sanders just like the Republicans handed the election to Clinton by voting for Trump. I don't mean that sarcastically -- Trump won flukishly. Maybe Sanders will win flukishly too, but probably not. But, it's interesting to watch, like a car crash in slow motion. Everyone, even Bernie Bros, see it coming but no one is willing to do what's necessary to avoid what they expect and fear.

ROXTXIA, jiggyfly, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree and maybe its what is needed but I just see the pendulum swinging every 4 years.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yep. Bernie's heart is in the right place (albeit it hasn't always been functioning strongly), but last night on 60 Minutes he couldn't explain how he's going to pay for free this, free that. STILL.

"There are ways to pay for it."
    "How?"
    "Uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh........"

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Given the radical changes he proposes, if he had a specific plan for how to pay for it, I wouldn't believe it anyway. Things would change too much and too dynamically to be able to predict how it'll shake out. I don't find the cost argument very compelling in any case. But people get to pick their own criteria for how they're going to vote, and I'm sure we'll hear plenty of that in the general.