1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Death of the Twinkie and the Ding Dong?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, Nov 16, 2012.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Another possibility is that you don't know what you're talking about, but you get the benefit of feeling good about your supposed superiority by posting blather like this.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I can't believe the prices boxes of those crappy things are selling for on Ebay.

Lots of 10 pack of twinkies selling for $30+

Might go out to see if my local store has any.

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Can't say I agree. Take a pay cut and lose a pension or lose your job totally? Easy choice for me, especially in this economic climate

4. body slam

body slam Member

This gave me a great idea for a song. I'm not quite finished yet, but half way there.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Yea... cause I have a superiority complex. Are you serious? It is not like I gave an in depth analysis of the situation. Granted, I spoke a little early before hearing from the workers. The ones I was thinking of when I wrote my initial reaction wanted to keep their jobs because they knew it would be difficult finding a new job and they could have survived with the cuts as they have mortgages to pay, etc. . It was the truck drivers who can easily find driving work elsewhere and the less senior employees who didn't make as much who didn't really care and would rather take their chances with unemployment comp on what they currently make while seeking other employment elsewhere rather than possibly end up still losing their jobs later and receiving further reduced unemployment based on their cut pay. They were the ones more likely to say "who cares...job sucked anyway".

So, while my initial reaction was knee jerk, I don't think I was off base for what I was thinking when I wrote it given the economy and what management was saying about an over saturated baking industry already. There is a real fear by many of those more senior workers that they will have a tougher time going forward than if they went back to work with the new contract.

So, did I know all the variables when I commented? No. Do I still know all the details? No. Will I still speak based on my initial impression? Yes. Will it always be agreeable to the reader? No. Is it because I have a superiority complex that I voiced my opinion? No. What I said was somewhat tongue and cheek anyway. That should have kind of come through in the writing style.

6. Buck Turgidson

Twinkies actually have a shelf life of about 1 month.

It takes 45 seconds in a microwave to make a twinkie explode.

Those are your twinkie facts o' the day.

7. Nero

Nero Member

Suicidally stupid union leadership.

Fits right in with the rest of the leadership in this ship of fools we call a gubmint.