1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The dark side of Dubai

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Apr 19, 2009.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Only suspended for up to a year if they are involved in forced labor or human trafficking? :confused:

How about put out of business and the responsible people put in jail? :confused:

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I was going to put in a comment that the haters will nit pick at 1% of a 99% fantastic piece of news, but I knew that would stop them from hating.

Thanks for playing!

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So forced labor and human trafficking are not crimes in Dubai? Suspension of a license is a slap on the wrist.

4. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I'm so happy for the laborers Mathloom! Dubai did something positive, though perhaps not as positive as I had hoped! Still, this is great for those suffering, and ominous of harsher punishment for those who are being a-holes!

5. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

You repeatedly have tried to make personal attacks in other sections when you get your ass handed to you in D&D. Others can easily handle the separation of forums and don't feel the need to get all personal all over the interwebs...

Are you the type of person that beats up his wife because of the stress at work?

6. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Don't go there then. Stop supporting their economy.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This kind of personal attack shouldn't be part of the debate either. That's the point. We can't change what happened in the past, but at least this time ATW went back and took the cheap personal blow out of his post. That's good. He's not going to stop making insults but that doesn't make it ok for others to make their own personal low blows or accusations.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I think we all knew this since you've been such a vocal, outspoken critic on this topic.

1 person likes this.
  9. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Why would you add the bolded part to your post?

Come on man.. You can make your point just fine without the last sentence.

10. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

I wonder if these new rules will actually be enforced, they have a habit of making laws and not upholding them. I'll believe this news story when I hear about an agency getting caught and punished, until then, blah, blah, blah....

11. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

To reiterate the point that he does the exact same thing in every single one of his posts when he feels cornered.

I don't even know if he is married or has a wife. :cool:

12. Mathloom

Supporting Member

It's like I said earlier, if someone is losing money, then things will change.

In this case, the government is losing money, so I assure you these laws will get enforced.

They are losing money because the construction compunies fled the country without paying wages or leaving money for tickets, etc and the government is having to bear the cost of all that.

That's why this law is here, to protect the government from losing money. Protecting the laborers is a nice bonus for them.

Although that's sad, I don't care as long as the laborers are in a better situation than before. Progress is progress.

13. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Frankly, though I've been guilty of doing it myself sometimes, you shouldn't do it just because he does it.

You're either the kind of person who does it or you're not. I would like to think you don't want to be that person.