1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Consequences of Constantly Swinging for the Fences

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hotballa, Jul 11, 2014.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  2. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Thomas is not a guy we see as a consequence as swinging for the fences.

When we lose Chandler, that's what we feel. And we replace him with Deng at a 1 yr/15mil deal.

3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

We missed out on Isaiah Thomas... Oh no! You're quickly become one of the worst posters on the board so congrats on that. I bet you were real furious last yr when we swung for the fences and nabbed d12, right?

Go back to your cave.

1 person likes this.
  4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

We gave up Luis Scola and Chase Budinger while swinging for the fences also. Mad about that? I'm not.

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

Wow, we lost out on Isaiah Thomas? How can I sleep at night? I mean, when I close my eyes, I can see Lillard drop 50 on Thomas and think, "Man we could've had that! That could be the Rockets next year!"

6. Centerville

Centerville Member

When you say "swinging for the fences," you mean "trying to sign the best available players," right? Yeah, I hate it when a GM keeps trying to do that.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You won't ever get anywhere with this. You're right, but don't expect most of them to agree. Regardless of how many times the results fall in line with our predictions, Morey will never be held accountable.

1 person likes this.
  8. hotballa

wow he and dragic have basically the same stats and yet everyone drools over goran but Thomas apparently isnt worth the time? lol

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Quality poster makes a quality post.

10. hotballa

I just dont get it. the guys here cream their pants whenever dragics name come up but yet Thomas has basically same year as him and everyone's like oh its ok, morey rawr

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Would have been a good get. Not gonna lie.

12. hotballa

BTW

to the guy who sent me this message
    "Dude, you are just being a ****ing troll today. Put your big boy pants on."

Anyone else see the irony of a guy telling another person to be a big boy, but yet they dont say who they are?

13. seeingred

seeingred Member

yeah, why should Morey have wasted his time trying to get the elite stretch 4 that completes our offense when we could be going for another PG who put up decent numbers in a contract year ?!

just say "i'm mad that bosh backed out and now I want to pout about it online" - but don't Monday morning QB this *****.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

report it to clutch. Anybody that doesn't have the courage to say something in a quote is a *****. Its a cheap shot you have no way of replying to, Clutch has made it clear he takes it seriously.

15. hotballa

aint no monday morning anything here. I have always complained about morey's inability to focus on his current team and obsession with whats around the corner. Even if he had gotten Chris Bosh, what are they gonna do play the starters 48 minutes? Burn out Harden again like last year? the Heat starting five was better than the Spurs five but we all know how that worked out.

16. HCA

HCA Member

Do hotballa, carl herrera redredemtion and lospollos ever have anything good to say about the houston rockets? You would think they were lakers or mavs fans or something.

17. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

The consequence of swinging for the fences? Getting Harden and Howard.

18. hotballa

the point is he didnt need to swing for the fences this time.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If we wanted Thomas, we should have kept Lin. Thomas is undersized and plays zero defense.

20. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The meltdowns from the anti-Morey crowd all have the same characteristics: full of hindsight, lacking in context, and generally contains poor basketball knowledge.

1 person likes this.