1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Compare Budinger to a Black Player Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bob Sacamano, Oct 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rimshot

rimshot Member

LMAO @ black People! :(

2. reupdadj1

reupdadj1 Member

Lets keep friendly here...no need for those remarks

3. Dream Shake 81

he is like Rolando Blackman

4. BigVic785

BigVic785 Member

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Leon from Curb Your Enthusiasm.

7. luisantonio1014

Rolando Blackman or Renaldo Balkman?

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Rip Hamilton with less speed.

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

honestly, white or black, or whatever else... the only player i can think of who had great athleticism AND a great jumpshot is brent barry.

10. amaru

amaru Member

Lol nice link. Let me give you an example of how our racial system work.

I have a cousin how hails from Trinidad and Tobago (and island in the West Indies)

His father is from Venzuela and is of Chinese, Amerindian and Spanish descent. His mother is from Trinidad and Tobago and she is of African, Portuguese,Indian, and Amerindian descent.

Since my cousin is their biological child, he would be of Amerindian, African, Chinese, Indian, Portuguese, and Spanish descent. This would be his true ethnicity (as far as we know, obviously we can't go all the way back).

However, "racially", he is considered black because his skin is about the same complexion as the typical black person.

Ethnicity: Shared characteristics. (culture, heritable traits, etc.)
    Race:Based on how you appear. (amount of melanin produced)

The validity of the racial classification system has been called into question by numerous scientists because it is mostly based on phenotypic expression.

11. amaru

amaru Member

When did I say it was "racist"? I said, in so many words, that the premise of the thread was idiotic...but not racist.

A better way to say it to say what the OP said was to compare Chase to other players regardless of race. Not to simply substitute one race for another. That defeats the purpose of the entire thread.

12. amaru

amaru Member

It certainly does seem that way.

But here is some food for thought.

Athleticism varies tremendously withing the African community. Some blacks are alot more athletic than others. It doesn't seem to be all about the amount of melanin produced.

Just look at the NBA. Brandon Roy is a pretty athletic man, yet we can all see that there is significant European ancestry in his bloodline. The same can be said of a Tony Parker. Both of these players are just as athletic (if not more so) than players like Nate Robinson or Aaron Brooks.

Also my skin produces more melanin than Roy or Parker, yet they are certainly my athletic superiors.....I more than likely have more African ancestry than them. Why is that?

So the athletic ability varies within the African community.....that seems to suggest there is more at work here than skin color. Differences in genes among ethnic groups seems more plausible to me.

13. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

The thread is entitled "Compare Budinger to a Black Player", not "Compare Budinger to Every Racially Different Player in the NBA". It seems like the OP doesn't care about any other races, he wants to hear comparisons to players of a specific race. Nothing wrong with that I say.

I have to say do agree that the premise of the thread is a little silly, but it's interesting nonetheless after all of the previous comments about his "unathleticism" and his race this pre-season.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

15. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

Michael Finley

16. Dream Shake 81

Rolando Blackman

17. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

He's FASTER than Rip, but Rip is a quicker twitched athlete (probably because he's like 5 inches shorter and is relatively slimmer). He's definitely not as explosive as Chase vertically though

Stride for stride Chase is faster than Rip.

But overall Chase is definitely more athletic

18. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

i thought this was hilarious. props.