1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Compare Budinger to a Black Player Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bob Sacamano, Oct 7, 2009.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2texUcpNGu4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2texUcpNGu4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

This is actually funny...considering he may eventually replace the man he compares himself to.....

DD

#81 DaDakota, Oct 8, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  2. dookiester

dookiester Member

it is shocking to me how much you underrate and under appreciate tmac. i love me some chase budinger and think he can be an excellent role player for us, but players like tmac that can be both an elite scorer and an elite playmaker are extremely rare. chase is a complementary player that would excel playing with tmac, but chase could never be the focal point of an offense the way tmac can.

a healthy tmac is in rare company with his unique combination of skill and athleticisim, the ability to create his own shot as well as shots for others (how many people in the NBA can get chuck hayes as many open layups as tmac) and the ability to, at times, completely take over games. i would hope by now, after years of seeing what our offense looks like when we don't have yao to drop the ball to, that every rockets fan could see how important it is to have someone like tmac on the team. and further still, how difficult it is to do the kinds of thing tmac can do. just look how hard a time ariza is having trying to get his own shot off, much less create for others.

so please, some respect. chase budinger may eventually be the starting SG or SF for the rockets, but he is not a tmac replacement. the only types of players that could replace a healthy tmac are playmakers like wade, kobe, or lebron.

3. DaDakota

That depends entirely on the makeup of your team. Replacing someone does not necessarily mean you replace them with a player with the same skill set.

I don't underate anyone, I just get to the conclusions about a player's ability to lead/win, much faster than others.

;)

DD

4. dookiester

dookiester Member

i don't think you are a tmac hater per se. i understand you want what's best for the team. and i understand that there are different ways to win and some people don't believe the way tmac plays is a winning style. that's a matter of opinion and i can't change your mind.

but you consistently take opportunities to take shots at tmac as if he's been some huge cancer to this team. i know you've made your conclusion about tmac's ability to lead and win, but you can't debate that tmac is a great player with rare talent. he can carry teams on his back through a regular season. and on several occasions he has done all you can ask of a single player in the playoffs. i don't think tmac has been truly healthy since the 2005 season, where he was just a beast in the playoffs and put up ungodly numbers, doing everything he could to bail out his team and try to advance.

i just get frustrated at how quickly fans forget the things tmac can do. especially when our offense bog down and i see rockets fans complain "we need a playmaker" when we already have one of the best in the game, but everyone is trying to run him out of town.

5. piggy

piggy Member

Perhaps he's like the black Bostjan Nachbar.
    :rolleyes:

6. dookiester

dookiester Member

and for what it's worth, i understand we're building a team in the true sense of the word that ideally doesn't require a superstar. but there are always going to be times when the team hits a rut, and there is no coach or GM in the league who wouldn't want someone with the ability to make something happen when needed.

7. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Alan Houston's and Mike Miller's skills had a love child it would be named Chase Budinger...

8. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I didn't buy the Rice comparison until I watched the Spurs game (the summer league stuff just didn't really grab me).

But in keeping in "the spirit" of this thread, the very first time I ever heard of Rice it was an interview with Larry Bird and he was saying "yeah I keep hearing he stole my stroke, but his release is quicker".

I'm not sure if Budinger will even be good, but I do know we certainly can't ignore this kid right now. If he has greatness in him he's found the perfect opportunity here.

9. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

I get frustrated at how quickly fans forget what he did to us last year after rumors of him being traded surfaced. Fans also quickly forget that his shooting has gone down quite a bit. we cannot have someone taking that high of a volume of shots at that low of a percentage. theres a place for tmac on our team, but im not sure if its the exact role that T-mac envisions.

10. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

I'm sticking with my comparison between Chase and Peja. It's based on the way he reads defense other than his race. How can you not love the way this guy plays basketball! I don't care whether he's athletic or not. He may not have the lateral quickness and explosiveness to blow by people, that's not how he gets his shot at all. He doesn't run nonstop off the ball like Rip Hamilton either, nor does he have to. He reads the defense and make quick reactions. It's amazing how effortless it seems for Chase to get an open look. I caught him sneaking off a screen for a catch and shoot without being noticed a couple of times in the first pre-season game vs the Spurs. He could do that because he moved simultaneously with a cutter on the other side who drew the attention of the defense. That's what you call good BB IQ. :D

11. DaDakota

Moving this post to a TMac thread.....

GO CHASE !!

DD

12. stab

stab Member

Big Game James Worthy....

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

I think it's pretty telling how Chase says he thinks he's got an "all-around complete game" and mentions rebounding, shooting and passing -- and doesn't mention defense at all. He's probably just now realizing how important that little detail is going to be to his NBA future.

14. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

just because one discusses race, and categorizes people into black, white, hispanic, asian, etc. does not mean that they are a racist, bigot, ignorant, degenerate, etc. these are real life characteristics that in this context mean no personal harm. i understand that some of you find it racist, but imo it's not that big of a deal because we are not judging him for being white, or not being black, we are just trying to get a good comparison, and obviously there are not many white players that compare to his style of play, cause let's face it, white men still can't jump

15. acjeitherocket

lmfaooooo @ this ****

16. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

Rich mans poor Ray Allen.

17. eliefan

eliefan Member

I think he's comparable to Teen Wolf, but with more post presence. I don't see him taking over a game like TW, but he has more consistency.

Note: I'm assuming by "black", you'll also accept "brown" entries.

18. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

chase budinger is white?

damn it i had high hopes for him

19. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Candace Parker

20. reupdadj1

reupdadj1 Member

He is Black...he is just a albino end of story