1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The CNN wrestling tweet

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Jul 5, 2017.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The funny thing about all of this is Trump and his Trumpamzees think this attack on CNN is somehow an attack on the liberals and Democrats.

The only thing that both sides seem to agree with is how much CNN sucks.

What they don't realize is that if CNN withered away someone with money that wants more money would realize that with 60% of the country NOT aligning with Right Wing principles, there is a huge market demand for true liberal media coverage.

So enjoy making CNN your punching bag and some made up enemy because the liberals in this country could care less. The network has become nothing but bickering panels and Anderson Cooper occassionally saying "but Jeffery Lord, that's actually not factually correct... is it okay if I politely give the facts.... oh no you are just going to talk over me..., we have to leave it there".

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Unique take. I don't think the video should have been taken as more than a joke. Did it warrant tracking down the originator? Not really, in my opinion.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. dobro1229

I'm sure NONE of the right wingers on this forum also traffic and get their ideas from said right wing sites that threatened the lives of CNN employees today.

So quick to call out anything that resembles violent "trends" among liberals (although the only example is the Scalise shooting, and Antifa kids burning a trash can at Berkeley) but nothing condemning the blatant call to violence that right wing sites like the Daily Stormer are trafficking.

So to our Republican friends, do any of you have the guts to condemn calls to violence that right wing sites today have insinuated or will you stand here like hypocrital cowards?

4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Fixed it for you

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Sure. Nothing about this situation should involve violence. It was a joke and the butt of the joke took offense and took it to a new level. The CNN folks should not have to be worried about their safety.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. dobro1229

Thank you! There is hope in humanity.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lost in all this is the fact that Trump is reading anti-semitic and racist posters and thinks it's ok to retweet someone like that, and thinks it's ok to bash the media.

No Worries likes this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

That is not a fact at all. It's questionable whether that guy made the video in which trump retweeted but besides that I am sure he isn't following the guy on Reddit. Come on now.

9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

You sound like a child. Trump isn't going on reddit looking for things to copy and post on his Twitter account and even if he did which he doesn't he isn't going through a user's post history. Quit reading from your Facebook alt-left echo chamber.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

That WaPo article is garbage. It focused on Trump supporters as if they're the only ones who disagree with CNN. What CNN did has been regarded as unethical by largely both sides of the spectrum.

AroundTheWorld and cml750 like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It looks like CNN might be even worse at PR than the president. They absolutely deserve the sh*t storm that they are in right now. Doxxing and threatening people over creating harmless memes should be above them but sadly it's not. They are doing everything in their power to shed every ounce of credibility they had.

cml750 likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think you know Trump very well at all.

13. dobro1229

TBH Trump like any 72 year old, probably doesn't know what he's looking at on the internet 99% of the time anyways much less where it came from. Like my father in law, he's probably getting those right wing spam emails with wacky conspiracy theories. (We all get/used to get them) This gif was probably forwarded his way by a staffer or sent via one of those emails I'd think.

Trump is simple minded. He's just looking for a sparring partner and looking for headlines good or bad, but mostly just controversial... because he's a narcissist who has used the tabloids and the media all his life with that formula for celebrity status. That's all he knows and will know till he's dead.

Trump doesn't think like you or I think. He just does Trump sh$&, and now we have a whole army of Fsticks that think his method is a path to success. However most are cowards that only find the courage to be that brazen behind a keyboard.

*however....(personal story) i was having drinks over the holiday with some folks that I'd consider Trumps kinda guys and in the conversation, one of the guys started talking about neighbors and how he doesn't want Middle eastern or Indian Neigbors to move in the house next door (because apparently Muslim and Hindu are the same thing to him), and he came out and said "F it... I hate "them"... I don't care anymore... I am a racist". I have to think that this guy(who other than being a racist is what most think of as a really good Christian guy raised by a southern baptist preacher father), wouldn't have said that publicly 2 years ago even though he would have subliminally thought it.

I think that's the bigger problem here honestly. Normally considered "good people" are feeling emboldened to let their inner demons out. Not to mention the fact that little boys, and maybe some girls, see what he does and at that age they think he's funny and cool believe it or not. My wife teaches high school... trust me, to a lot of kids he's this generations version of Adam Sandler. And just like Adam Sandler... he only knows one character.

#93 dobro1229, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  14. John Oliver

John Oliver Member

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This is a great post aside from the insults.

CNN has become somewhat irrelevant trying to follow the FOX but from the left.

I have a couple of opinions on why that is.

For some reason that type of slanted reporting works much better from the right. The right not only has FOX but talk radio is dominated by the right.

MSNBC is a much better talk network for the left.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The way it has always been is that CNN is for slanted reporting pandering to the fairly mainstream left and MSNBC is slanted reporting pandering to absolute fringe leftists. They are basically Infowars with a different target audience.

cml750 likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

CNN tries to position themselves in the middle, but are more center-left because of their journalists. They're owned by AT&T of all companies, so they're distrusted by both the left and right.

18. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

If CNN is gonna be a childish b**** about this like Trump is about everything then they could've atleast slapped the CNN logo on stone colds head giving Trump the stunner. I am disappoint. It was right there.

pgabriel likes this.
  19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

N/m

#99 CometsWin, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No Worries likes this.