1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

the CHUCK HAYES MANCRUSH thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketman84, Apr 30, 2007.

1. fanwq

fanwq Member

Yes,also clutch defenc.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Best part of the Chuck charge was when he sat up and screamed in celebration... the ball bounced back and hit him on the head... and he looked like he didn't even feel it.

Chuck Hayes is that tough.

3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

man please, i'd give anything for a REAL PF. chuck hayes hustles, but hes severely undersized, can't catch, and can't finish. we're pretty much playing 4 on 5 on offense. this allows utah to swarm and crowd t-mac and yao alot more.

4. AGBee

AGBee Member

If you watch the replay...Chuck was moving...but with the tiniest little shuffles that actually made it possible for his feet to be set ;)

5. GRAYsquirrel

GRAYsquirrel Member

Bowen, Spoon, Hayes.....all undersized and undertalented scrub PFs... all hustle but no points. Hustle is great, but we need points...We need 5, count them 5, starters who can average at least 10+ pts.

Howard is basically a scrub, although he did bail us out tonight.. he's too inconsistent.

PF should be the primary focus this offseason. PG...we can live with V-Span and Head, those 2 should only get better. Our PF position absolutely sucks.

6. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Chuck was incredible! Gotta love it. The charge on Fisher...wow!!!

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

And which good PF you propose the Rockets get with the MLE and the 26th pick of the draft?

8. blender

blender Member

JVG is really good at coming up with a timely defensive substitution at the end of games, that little tweak that takes the opponent by surprise. I guess that's what makes him the top defensive coach in the league.

9. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I ran into Chuck Hayes earlier this season at Best Buy (galleria). He's skinnier in person.. and he was in such a rush that he almost bumped and fouled me.

He seemed like a nice guy from what I could see briefly.

10. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Remember his emotion when we won the first game? During the game he was fired up. He took charges, stole the ball from Boozer, ignited a fast break, and I think he took a charge. That was some crazy shiznit.

Also tonight man, pretty gutsy.

Gotta love him!

11. metalshred

metalshred Member

I LOVE HAYES!!!!!!!!!! :D