1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

The Chase Is On

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by j@amc, Nov 8, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Did we win?

Squirtle likes this.
  2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

#42 ApacheWarrior, Nov 8, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, we have a tough schedule coming out, but the vets are going to get dealt. Don't look for that record to be out of the bottom 3 in the League. We knew the youngsters were going to get time and with that lots of losses. And, don't expect any #1 pick either from Silver and Co...after getting #2 this year. I think we're looking at 3 or 4.

Ramo$e and napalm06 like this.
  4. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It makes it all the more annoying the people who complained during the Harden era, they had no idea how good we had it as fans. I honestly can't remember a time with the Rockets that the future looked so bleak.

5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

It’s early, but yeah, this could end up being the worst team in Rockets history. They are statistically on track, but I think we’ll have a much better idea of just how terrible they might be a month or so from now. A lot could change between now and then. I’m guessing they won’t be the worst team in Rocket history, but I do think they will be bottom ten almost for sure.

D-rock likes this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

There was a time when the Rockets started Shandon Anderson and Thomas Hamilton, TOGETHER.

Corrosion likes this.
  7. kubli9

Supporting Member

That team had Francis who inspired more hope than anyone on the current roster.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'll give you that but it's all cyclical--this franchise will be competitive again. People expecting greatness one year removed from winning 17 games will always be left disappointed. Take solace in knowing that at least our GM has been competent thus far and not a complete wreck like some other front offices that continue to keep their respective teams in the basement. If we're still shitacular in 3-4 years, I'll join the End of the World parade.

9. kubli9

Supporting Member

It's cyclical but the down end of that cycle can last for a long time, as we've seen with many teams around the league. I'd say the jury is still out on Stone as well, if Mobley and Barnes end up stars and he blew our chance with the #2 pick then he failed miserably.

D-rock and NewAge like this.
  10. j@amc

j@amc Member

I'm with you. I'm all for development. But if you think about how many seasons there have been in the NBA and how many players have laced up sneakers, hardly anyone has ever fielded a team that has turned the ball over as often as we do. Hardly anyone has fielded a team of professionals that have shot more poorly at the FT line.

This dismal ball-handling/free-throw shooting has to be put in context. It's historically bad and I for one won't accept the argument that we're a young team.

I know we've played more than a few playoff teams, but a lot of the time, those opponents weren't putting out much effort on D. Playing us is like having a night off.

wlekfjv923n, Squirtle and D-rock like this.
  11. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

No question. We won. It won't show up in the box score but our heart cannot be discounted!!

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dig the name, when you evolve to Blastoise?

Nook and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

#Truth

Same guys who wanted to tear it to the ground and rebuild are crying about it now.

OkayAyeReloaded, Nook, kubli9 and 2 others like this.
  14. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

As soon as the Rockets win the championship again my friend. Don't you worry!

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I doubt we can win more than 10 games this year, thank god we have our pick at least.

Next year is going to be really rough when our pick is back on OKC's menu.

Our team is just built so poorly. I give Stone his credit for finding guys but we have a starting backcourt that both suck at defense with very poor defensive IQ and our defensive anchor is Christian Wood...

On top of our coach clearly not having an offensive system implemented. I mean, how often do you see Wood and Sengun trying to post up on the same side? It's embarrassing. Or when we have 2 guys clogging up the paint when our guards are trying to drive the ball?

I like KPJ but unless he's willing to accept a bench role, I just don't see him being our starting PG unless they turn into a Dame-CJ combo (unlikely and that's not even a good spot to be in). C. Wood pouting recently doesn't help the team morale either, he's known for it and he's done that kind of pouting on multiple teams. I don't think he came here with the intention of losing 65+ games a year.

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Have you looked at who they played against when you started this thread?

Maybe just wait until after next game to post this?

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I hope Green doesn't turn out like Francis, and Sengun has a longer career than Yao.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The Rockets have their own picks for the next two seasons. Then they start again with the Thunder for the next 3 seasons.

Ramo$e likes this.
  19. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Lol youngsters.

20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

What was wrong with Francis? Dude dropped bucks and caught bodies under that rim. All heart! Always gave the business to the other teams stars. There was a reason he was an Allstar. I would take Francis in this era any day. He just played in the wrong era.