1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Chase Is On

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by j@amc, Nov 8, 2021.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Rockets have one of the toughest schedules with most on the road early in the season.

The flip side is, it gets easier.....and more games at home.

DeBeards likes this.
  2. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

for this team n their COACH, every game is on the ROAD

that might happen,
    unless silas changes his mind to insert KJ n Sengun into the starting lineup, ensure to make right rotations, call timely timeout and so on;
    unless scoot keeps his TOs lowered, less dribbling;
    unless JG handles the ball better n impact the game by ramping up his 3p pct (like in Celtics game);
    unless wood stop bringing the ball up a lot, instead, participating in more PnR which leads to more lob, post up or 3s beyond the arc.

edit
    100% agree

#22 DeBeards, Nov 8, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  3. BonziWellsGOAT

We'll see but you are right about the schedule. I obviously don't think we're winning many games but with all the young guys you would think they'll only improve individually and as a unit just naturally from playing (bad coaching aside). All that said I think the absolute ceiling is probably 25 wins but obviously I'm not a psychic

Corrosion and ApacheWarrior like this.
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes I would move Sengun and KMj to start. Tate serves well as a creator on second
    unit as a tradeoff for the loss of Sengun to starter.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  5. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

If you take into account (1) young players gradually getting better as season goes on and (2) we've had some close losses, maybe we'll avoid the worst season of all time? It's all about development but the concern is losing will have a negative impact on development mentally

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Either we get a lot of balls or go on a ball-busting late season win streak after the teenagers begin to age into manhood, the hard part of the schedule is done, and other teams shut it down.

Folks, it's win-win for all of us. What a time to be alive.

D-rock likes this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I'm going
    15 wins by Dec 31st
    3 wins January (sched gets tougher)
    Equals 18 wins

7 wins Feb/March/April.... especially if
    Eric Gordon traded. I'm not changing
    my 25 win prediction by saying 15 wins
    by Dec 31st.

DeBeards likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets can likely pick up some cheap wins in the second half of the season if the Rockets are not on a complete tank directive.

The Rockets younger players will have more experience and be less beat up than older and less motivated teams in the second half of the season and I wouldn't be surprised if that steals them some meaningless wins.

I know that Silas doesn't want the worst record in the league, and will do everything possible to prevent that from happening....... but he isn't a great coach, and this roster isn't good either..... the Rockets would be best served moving their players that have value to contending teams (Wood, Gordon, possibly even Tate) for assets and get a top 5 pick this season.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You all have to appreciate it that us sucking this year should not lead to as much stress. We have full control of our pick, so really not much to be concerned about.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

PLAY LIKE SHET FOR CHET! LET'S GO! LIGHT THE FUSE AND BLOW THIS WHOLE PIECE OF SHET UP!

11. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah this is Tilman's world, we all just live in it.

I suspect we will win some meaningless games in the second half because Silas wants to win games and the young players have something to prove. A lot veteran teams aren't going to play with the effort or young legs the Rockets will.

Having said that, Ill take more lotto balls over an amazing double overtime win against the Pacers in April.

12. BonziWellsGOAT

Yeah people hanging on every game are likely going to be miserable all season. Nobody likes losing but this team was never going to win. Alot of people are using every play let alone game to justify their prognostications in all these threads and its making the board a cesspool right now. Hopefully once the young guys start to gel and get accustomed to the NBA it will lighten up but thats probably wishful thinking

DeBeards likes this.
  13. alethios

alethios Member

We've already had a couple of those, right? We're still a year or two from being ready in a year or two.

Jontro and DaDakota like this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We are years away, or one player quickly develops into an all time great away.....

RIght now our roster is a mess, we have too many "NEED DEVELOPMENT TIME" players......

And that slows development down for everyone.

DD

D-rock and j@amc like this.
  15. NewAge

NewAge Member

I think a consensus is emerging on CF that what the Rockets need is balls…

Nook and D-rock like this.
  16. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Let's win on 11/10/21 baby! I hope. Lol.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The Rockets marketing department is having second thoughts.

Deckard, D-rock and Williamson like this.
  18. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Lmao.

Nook likes this.
  19. sydmill

sydmill Member

I expect the Rockets to end up somewhere north of 50 losses on the season. I do not think that they will be the worst team in the league when all is said and done. They will have a pick in the top 5-7 of the draft is my guess.

D-rock likes this.
  20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The Rockets are picking 2nd again going with Chet. Next season they trade for Zion to balance out the BMI of the team.

ickaruto likes this.