1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The characteristic (estimation) of the players in today's game.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by clyde, Dec 29, 2001.

1. clyde

clyde Member

By all hi!
    At us in Russia after each game on soccer the we - fans CSKA we give the characteristic to each player. That is everyone states the opinion on all players: as has played - poorly or well, that did(made) on a field and so on. It is possible from you to hear something similar, concerning game of Houston in a today's match? Particularly on each player:
    Frencis -..............
    Moblay -................
    Griffin -..................
    Cato -....................
    And so on................

Beforehand thanks

2. Houstone

Houstone Member

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I heard they gots some hot chicks up in Russia.

4. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

You guys be nice. Clyde has to use a translator to both read AND WRITE posts. That cannot be easy. I bet your tranlations sound just as odd going from English to Russian. :)

Here's my two cents...

Francis - Thank God he's back. Looked like he never missed any time.
    Mobley - Unstoppable. He was on fire in the second half though I thought he made a few poor decisions with the ball.
    Norris - All over the place. He was as big a part of the win as any other player out there.
    Thomas - All-around great. He played really well. Hope his injury isn't anything serious.
    Cato - Solid effort.
    Griffin - Couldn't hit the ocean from the beach shooting but the 13 boards and 5 blocks show why the guy will be a star.
    Willis - What is up with big Kev? The guy is looking terrible out there.
    Williams - All over the place. Really great game and I'm shocked no one has mentioned he is shooting 43% from the field. What happened to all the "Walt Sucks" threads?
    Morris - Poor Terrence can't make a shot but the guy hussles his ass off.

That about covers it. Anyone else?

5. clyde

clyde Member

Jeff, that is necessary. It I also wanted.
    Can at you so not it is accepted discuss the players :)
    But at us always so - everyone exposes estimations to all players of a team

PS: you have received mine e-mail?

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Yes, I did get the email. I am working on getting some things together for you. I will email you after the holidays with details.

7. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

Jeff,

I think your player performance rundown was right on target. FYI, here in Dallas Mark Cuban is tracking plus and minus stats for all the players, just like hockey. He is a piece of work, a computerphile, and an "out of the box" thinker, but he has a lot of good ideas. He's also doing a similar thing with refs, some sort of grading system, and submitting to the league office as a way to improve officiating.

The international scope of this board is amazing. Keep up the great work!:)

Dallas Rocket

8. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Wow.

I admire your persistence, clyde.

9. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Francis- One word... FRANCHISE. In the interview after the game he accepted that role. Sort of implied it through his statements.

Cat-Finally getting healthy. How do you know? He has been driving to the basket the last three games. Can anybody say PLAYER OF THE WEEK?

Griffin- Defensive Presence. Great quote last night by Bill Worrel and Calvin Murphy after he being whistled for his 6th foul.... "After his rookie year he will get the respect from the referees and he won't be called for that anymore." "Ya, next year the league won't challenge him anymore."

Thomas- Attitude. One play in particular. In the fourth quarter, he jumps high over Fortson when Fortson had the position and then sort of pushed him to the side. Similar to Oakley but with athletism

Cato-Seemed inspired in the fourth quarter while playing with Griffin. Looked very tall yesterday. Has improved noticeably this year.

Mooch- Slash. Looked quicker than normal. Must of learned something from Marbury. Did he miss a shot? Did not play yo-yo with the ball like normal.

TMo- Mr. Hustle. Still more comfortable without the ball than with the ball. Tapped the ball out at least twice in the fourth quarter. It won't show up in the box scores but has earned more minutes.

Torres- did not play enough but his shot was slightly off.

Willis- Understands his role and our situation. He will get more playing time once we start winning more and getting closer to the playoffs or he will be traded to a contender needing another big body.

Williams- Dunked, shot the three... basically, looked very good when we were running.Hmm. did not think of that before. Would he be better suited for a fast break team or... nevermind.