1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Chandler Parsons contract proves my prediction that moneyball would end in failure

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Jul 11, 2014.

1. TheJet

TheJet Member

I hope you didn't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back. The good points that you made were pretty much overshadowed by your desire to congratulate yourself.

2. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Wonder if after the next 48 hours, this thread will be considered a premature ejaculation?

I guess we will see.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You promised not to post here again.

4. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I especially like the one where he complains about the Rockets treating players like assets and trading them away, after he just got done with complaining about not trading away Parsons while he was still an asset.

1 person likes this.
  5. newAge_Rockets

Dude, go become a Spurs fan or something. We don't need the pessimistic opinions of a team. With another raised level by Harden, 2013 playoffs version of Dwight, Parsons actually showing up in the playoffs, and a potential new player this team will be potent!

6. JazzLakerHater

Wouldn't go that far.

7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

**** you JCDenton. I don't think I ever hated a poster as much as you.

8. nemac

nemac Member

That's how I like to look at it. Or Parsons/Lin = Parsons/Johnson, hopefully. Lost a couple of picks though on a Bosh gamble. Match Parsons then trade him in spite :mad:

9. TechLabor

TechLabor Contributing Member

Well said, JCDenton!

10. TheresTheDagger

MOREY ONLY BASHERS.

MOB...the new LOF's. Just as annoying and stupid.

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

OP, do you get punched in the face a lot?

12. BinBinRingRing

Well said. It was sad to see so many good Rockets leaving this team as assets over the years and now we still have a bad coach and no team chemistry, havent passed the first round, and is not favoured by FAs. Parsons and Lowry chose not to be assets, who would anyways. And could last year's Rockets plus Bosh minus Asik and Lin have come out of the wild west? Sure...

13. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

that's a lot of words... Harden and Dwight... that's a lot less...

14. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

This thread is a failure.

15. houactuar

houactuar Member

No reason to hate him, even if he is incredibly wrong. So if money all is not the answer, what is? It's fine that mark Cuban wants to overpay for chandler. That just means he was an excellent 2nd round pick. So what is your solution or optimal alternative? Making crappy 2nd round picks?

I'm not sure if the rockets should match parsons offer sheet. I guess in hind sight, given Cuban being an ass, it would have been better to pick up option or trade parsons last year although I don't think this team was far from contending last year, Portland just played out of their minds, playoffs are a crap shoot. I would have loved to see the rockets play the spurs in playoffs last year. But I'm still glad the spurs beat the heat and I hope bosh and the heat suck next year.

No, I don't agree with jcdenton, he sounds like a pompous moron and a bit of a troll.

16. seeingred

seeingred Member

I've never seen bull ***** stated so neatly. i'm sure if we had signed Patterson, Dragic and Hill to long-term, reasonable contracts we would be competing for titles right now. Nevermind that Morey's penny-pinching is the only reason why we can afford the best shooting guard AND the best center on the same team.

And JCDenton has a foolproof way to teambuild. Draft a Dirk or a Duncan. Damn... why didn't we think of that ?

17. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

I've created a ground-breaking graph that I think both illustrates your knowledge and is up to your graph-making standards

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. lastreg

lastreg Member

What OP says is.............................................true.

19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

crap, dnr

20. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

This latest Daryl Morey/Chris Bosh blunder was equivalent to a 4th quarter Jeremy Lin turnover