1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Celebrity Apprentice 2009

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Both people brought no drama to the table. Drama = viewers.

2. 2deep

2deep Contributing Member

Just scanning through this thread, I know it's the hangout but there have been very few if any players in the last 20 years who's rebounding has been "on par" with the Worm's. That's one thing you can't take away from him even if he's an idiot haha...

3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I hear you man, but I should have said there've been a select few who were equally excellent rebounders and had additional tools to their game unlike Rodman. I was a huge Rodman fan back in the day especially when he matched up with the Mailman in those two mid 90s series. After watching him on the apprentice, I just got to thinking about if he is overrated. (Maybe we should start a thread on this in the NBA Dish).

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

*Disclaimer*I'm on the Khloe Kardashian bandwagon after watching her on the Apprentice and now think she's seriously hot and the 2nd hottest after Kim.

I've been watching the show since the 1st episode and I've hardly heard Kim complain or whine on the show. On the last episode she wasn't saying anything that Joan and Natalie weren't saying. If you want to talk about complainers then you can go with Claudia who was voted off a few weeks back, Diceman, even Melissa and Annie.

I thought Trump shouldn't have fired either of the two.

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

funny, i was just thinking the other day how big of a shaft he got (no pun intended :D ) from the HOF. it's sickening how offensive stats are all that matter in the world. you'd think that the HOF may have a different standard and recognize excellence in defense, but i guess not.

5 rings, 2 time defensive POY, 7 time rebounding champion....i'm sorry, i don't care hot bat***** crazy you are off the court, that's a first ballot hall of famer if there ever was one. i can't believe this story didn't get any run.

6. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

oh wow... oh wow.. did anyone catch sunday's episode? what a crazy ending, oh wow.......

i used to know someone just like annie duke, hated that person, hated him

7. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I am amazed brandi thinks she has a shot at winning.

8. kikimama

kikimama Member

I gave up on this show a few weeks ago but caught the last one. Man! Best episode yet, better than any one with Rodman. Even if you don't keep up with the show, you should see this episode. David Lee makes an appearance. What surprised me is that he doesn't seem that "built" at all for a NBA player.

"For goo...". lol, really? I feel bad for everyone on that show. The only sane person on that show is Jessie and I hope he gets to win.

1 person likes this.
  9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I know what you mean, she's pretty much just a follower and hasn't brought anything to the table aside from knowing a bunch of old rich dudes who've donated cash for her.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Finally watched the finale last night.

I’m not a fan of that poker player, but I think she got a raw deal. She got heat for saying that Joan caused the event planner to quit…BUT SHE DID. It wasn’t a lie. The guy got mad at Joan and didn’t want anything to do with the show. Every time she tried to tell Trump that, Joan would just interrupt with “OH MY GOD!!! I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS!!! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!” No, Joan…it was the truth.

Joan kept droning on and on about winning with “honor” while she compared Annie to Hitler and said all her friends were white trash because they play poker. Real honorable, Joan. She got a free pass to say and do whatever she wanted because after all…she’s just 75-year-old Joan Rivers the comedian. And that no-talent gravy-training daughter of hers throwing a complete hissy fit when she was fired. That was just pathetic.

I guess the producers were trying to set up Annie as the shark and Joan as the lovable old comedian, but to me, it was the opposite. Those Rivers women are PSYCHO…..

Annie raised 4 times the amount Joan raised and still loses? BS.

11. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

I wouldn't mind Annie as an employee.

But as a human being, she's trash. I had a friend like Annie Duke once, used you when she needed you, then expended your ass. Even in her kindest generosity, she is self.

12. mic

mic Contributing Member

Honestly, that whole drama with the event planner was dumb...

And you have to remember that the money was only 1/5 of the criteria to win. Joan had 3/5, Annie had 2/5. I think it makes sense that Joan would win based solely on that.

Annie focused way too much on the money aspect. I think it was smart of Joan to focus less on that part since she knew that Annie would definitely have the edge over her by a long shot.

13. raw10628

raw10628 Contributing Member

Joan Rivers = Kobe = Punk :D

14. Summer Song Giver

Joan was a major b**** the entire show but she shed a tear for friend who died of AIDS and rode it to victory as a sweet old grandma, meanwhile she was the biggest straight up b**** the entire show. Annie on the other was SHARK through and through and played the game well and even though she used the other people on the show when she needed them she was the best player throughout.

I truly believe Joan won because of her name so when Trump says "Celebrity Apprentice, Joan Rivers", no one goes, "Who?". Annie owned her ass the entire show and the Rivers girls were whiney little b****es every bit as dirty as they made Annie out to be.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Thank you. I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who saw right through Joan's act. Even Trump took it hook line and sinker.

BTW, weren't there a few celebs missing from the finale? Where was that chick from TLC? And what about Chloe?

16. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Yeah, it pissed me off how Joan was denying that she was the reason the planner quit and interrupted Annie every single time.

17. Summer Song Giver

Does anyone else think Joan and Melissa are a couple of Trannys, somethings going on, I'm just sayin?

18. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

They went to the same plastic surgeon as Mickey Rourke.

19. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

They were both BS firings...would you return for the finale?

Left Eye or whatever got fired for volunteering to go to the board room to stick up for Melissa...this was the week after she won as PM.

Khloe got canned for not telling Trump about her DWI.

20. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

The whole show is a sham now and I am very dissapointed because I really enjoyed it. There is no way Joan should have won and I don't see how anyone can like her even in the least bit.

I can see why some people don't like Annie (though I do), but she outperformed everyone else on that show and is probably one of the most competitive people I've ever seen. I have a lot of respect for her, even though she had some annoying/embarassing moments.

Joan only won because of who she is and I hope and believe that her reputation along with her daughter's reputation takes a serious hit from anyone who watched that show. Her behavior was that of an 11 year old.

Joan won 3/5 criteria because she had more time to set up her event than Annie did. Joan found out that her planner quit, while Annie had to go down to their building and find out herself putting her far behind the 8 ball on those other criteria.

A few other things I find odd
    1) Apparently Trump is related to/friends with someone in Joan River's charitable organization
    2) When Trump was talking to Piers, he said something about being great friends with a guy on the board of directors for Piers' charity.

Is this show just a sham to funnel money to Trump's friends charities?