1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Case For Kyle Lowry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Nov 20, 2020.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

We should really sell how Westbrook is younger and more durable in a hypothetical swap for Lowry.

I heard that’s a winning strategy.

tycoonchip and saleem like this.
  2. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I’ve always thought that Lowry was the perfect PG to put next to Harden. Unfortunately, it’s probably too late and will never happen unless Toronto decides to let Lowry go.

If Toronto does trade Lowry then they will probably get better picks in return than the Rockets have to offer.

oelman44 likes this.
  3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Buddy hield for Westbrook.
    Fox needs help

4. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Toronto is arguably the smartest FO in the entire NBA, they will not trade for Westbrook. They would probably give Lowry away for a bowl of Poutine before they took Westbook. They are not a desperate franchise. Westbrook is movable in my opinion, and if we are patient we can find the right return. It will be to a desperate team that wants a big name that has not had one in a while.

5. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Lol this forum. b****es our in Chris Paul for a summer then wants a downgraded version of CP3 after one year.

6. riko

riko Member

Westbrook for Lowry is fair trade.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

Ibaka to the Clippers.

I think this is shaping up nicely for a potential Lowry trade. Toronto just signed VanVleet to a big deal, but Ibaka is gone. We can either do the deal straight up, or bring the Knicks in to take Westbrook and give assets to Toronto.

8. Caprah

Caprah Member

Raptors got sane people running the team so they want no part of brick

saleem likes this.
  9. finsraider

finsraider Member

An idea on a 3-way trade:

Houston In: Lowry
    Knicks In: Westbrook
    Toronto In: RJ Barrett

10. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Maybe if O’Brien was their Gm i can see this going down with some additional picks coming in.
    Unfortunately Toronto is not that stupid.

We have better chance asking the basketball Gods to grant Westbrick the ability to shoot for one season......:(

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

I feel like the devaluing of Russ since that bad playoff run is really overblown. The guy was MVP level for 2 months before the rona and injury. He was dominating. I give him the benefit of the doubt that he regressed back to his old shot chucking ways because his injury wasn't allowing him to explode on his attacks. Rona breathing issues linger for a while as well.

I'd rather run it back with our 2 MVPs. They needed more games together before giving up on the pair. I don't think either is going anywhere. The media shot themselves in the foot trying so hard to devalue both and say there's no market for either of them and now Titman and his ego won't let it happen and James and Russ won't sit. They'll suit up and ball because that's what they do. They're also boys, neither is going to leave the other hanging by sitting out or giving half assed effort while 1 is balling.

12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Note sure where to put this, but this was on Hoops Rumors...

"For what it’s worth, Michael Scotto of HoopsHype reports that the Pacers – as well as the Rockets – expressed some exploratory interest in a possible sign-and-trade for free agent guard Fred VanVleet before he committed to re-sign with the Raptors."

Very interesting, if true.

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

He’s another guy that would fit well with Harden. That deal definitely would’ve been for Gordon, or it could have involved a 3rd team.

Just need to remain patient at this point. Toronto is trying to salvage their team.

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

Gasol and Ibaka gone
    Fred VanVleet signed to a big deal

There might just be a chance to get a 3 team deal that nets us Lowry

joshuaao likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Watch out for the Clippers, they, or better, Kawhi wants a pg badly, they have to get one and Lowry seems like a perfect target for them, old, expiring, now that the Raptors lost Gasol they might have some interest in Zubac. Now i don't have the exact numbers but if you add Pat and Lou, i'm pretty sure they match the salaries just right.

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

I’ve shifted to thinking more in terms of 3 way deals, but we will see. We can beat the Clippers if it comes down to assets

Vivi likes this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Raptors just signed Baynes fwiw.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

yeah. Will be interesting to see what they end up doing. More than likely they will hold onto Lowry and try to make the playoffs.

As others have pointed out, all of their roster moves point to Giannas.

Vivi likes this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep i agree too, that does mean they're likely not interested in Westbrook though, so yeah, we would've to work on a multi team trade for sure.

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

The Orlando deal is growing on me some, so long as Gordon is the only piece coming to us. Other salary would have to go to someone else.