1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Case Against Winning

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ghettocheeze, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Apps

Apps Member

You forgot the gaping hole known as our secondary. That's not going to be magically fixed with "distinct leadership", it needs to be revamped with some solid players through FA and maybe even by early draft picks if they prove they can make the cut.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

Sundays are so much more pleasant when the Texans don't play. They have so many creative yet maddening ways to lose.

3. msn

msn Member

So, to be clear, tanking is precisely what you are advocating.

Thanks.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Jags won.

TANK MODE: ENGAGE!

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Why? u need the jags to lose one game. Then u take your shot in the last game of the season.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Well, no. I didn't forget about them. I'm just hoping that the new regime would be able to COACH them instead of just throwing them out there to learn on their own. Also, the addition of some veteran LEADERSHIP in that department would help tremendously.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Nothing left to play for, it's going to be really hard losing against the titans but it's best thing to do.

Please tank, get a higher draft pick, get some secondary help, fire Kubiak, hire a competent HC.

Next year we will be in the Playoffs.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Texanbots; ASSEMBLE!

Form of... TANK!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I really don't think losing is going to be a problem for these guys. They've proven to be incredibly gifted at it.

10. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I was about to shamelessly bump myself but thanks. Anyway at this moment with a record of 5-8, Texans would have the 12th pick in the draft. A loss to the Titans would move us up to 10th and so forth from there. A top 10 pick is within reach and we could land Prince Amukamara to makeup for the Kareem disaster. But there are also bunch other options like AJ Green, Nick Fairley, or Marcell Dareus. This is a top heavy draft coming up with solid pick into the 20s.

11. msn

msn Member

This. Tanking isn't necessary for losers; they can lose all by themselves.

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

They might against Denver and Tennessee. Both REALLY suck, especially the Broncos. I'm confident we'll find a way to lose to the Jags again on our own.

13. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Great a top 10 pick looks pretty secure now after another stinker against the Titans.

Bye bye Kubiak, Mr. nice guy!