1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Case Against Winning

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ghettocheeze, Nov 29, 2010.

1. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

he is gone if we miss the playoffs...i dont care what the record is. He and his staff have cost the Texans 3 or 4 games this season. They SHOULD be a game ahead of Indy...but they arent.

by keeping him after missing the playoffs AGAIN, given the talent on this team, it would send a message to the fans that says "we are ok w mediocrity, just as long as we dont have fans in the seats wearing paper bags over their heads."

2. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I dont get it, you dont want to tank, but you want to get better positioning in the draft? if you lose games on purpose to get a better draft pick, thats tanking, and if you win you maybe get lower in the draft?

3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

No way I quit on this season. You don't build a winner by losing. Will it be tough to win this division though only a game out? Yes, but count me in, I'm coming for the ride!

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I honestly wish Schaub was more a intense vocal leader.... someone that could amp this team up before games and remind the team what the goal is and that this team has still got a good shot at doing some things. I know it's part of Kubes job to do some of that in the locker room, but when you're on the field, you need an extra sense of motivation sometimes. We especially need it on defense, but I think that ship has sailed. The team together as a whole needs to understand that they can do it.

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The defense had that leader, and still was lacking. I think it's from the NFL.com preview videos to every game, but they showed Demeco in the middle of that pregame defensive huddle. He was loud, and giving speeches and doing all the right things that should get a defense inspired as far as vocal leaders go. Does he dance or get mic'd for interviews like Ray, no, but as far as being a leader there did not seem to be any flaws (minus actual team performance). Other things, like players only meetings, or getting back key personnel didn't create improvements, so fault more than likely lies in either lack of coaching (improper technique/scheme) or lack of ability.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I can't see lack of ability. We've seen what some of these players can do individually... we just can't see them doing it as a team. You're right, Demeco was the leader of the defense... but now it has to be somebody else. My vote is for Bernard Pollard.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

[​IMG]

#47 DonnyMost, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I am 100% for this now.

Need to go 5-11, get Kubiak's dumbass out of there along with Bush.

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Tank time now, no way this team makes the playoffs even winning out won't do it. Start looking at FS and DT in the draft and let's get Ryans, Tate, and Barwin back healthy.

10. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Absolutely Tank Time......

11. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Agreed...

1) Tell everyone that Andre Johnson, Matt Schaub, and Mario Williams have to have surgery (even if they don't) and sit them for the season. Time to see what we have (or don't have) in Orlovsky and Leinert.

2) Finish 5-11 and get a higher pick.

3) Fire Kubiak and co. replace him with John Fox, John Gruden, or Tony Dungy (my personal favorite choices).

4) Select a DT, FS, and CB with your top 3 picks and trade Slaton on draft day for like a 4th or a 5th rounder (if he has that much value).

5) Spend some G** DA** money in free agency to add some GOOD O-Linemen, D-Linemen, and a couple of DBacks and linebackers.

6) Cut Okoye, Cut Adibi, Cut Wilson, Cut all of our tight ends not named Daniels, Dressen or Casey.

7) Hire Terrell Davis to work with Arian Foster and Ben Tate all summer on conditioning and the nuances of the RB position.

8) Make Dorin Dickerson move into a house with Andre Johnson, Jacoby Jones, Kevin Walter, and Matt Schaub and mandate that they train together every day of the offseason and play catch for at least 3 hours a day.

9) Get Tate, Daniels, Barwin, and Ryans all healthy, even if it includes 3 hours/day in a hyperbaric chamber, keeping Dr. James Andrews and the Phoenix Suns traing staff on retainer, hiring an acupuncturist, witch doctor, and holistic healer... and make them stay at least 30 miles away from Dr. Tom Clanton and Keith Jones at all times.

10) Make the MOTHER F****** PLAYOFFS!!

end rant.

12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Truth be told, Texans are finding ways to lose and that should lead to diaster in the next few weeks. So tanking may not even be necessary at this point to get a nice draft pick.

Baltimore - Tough matchup and they will be focused.

Tennessee - Revenge game on the road with a real QB this time.

Denver - Should be a "W" but the defensive will get exploited BIGTIME.

Jax - Might be playing for the divison, you'd think the Texans should win but can you trust them to?

6-10 is a real possiblity and 7-9 might be a certainty.

13. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

We need a 4 game winning streak and MAYBE we will make the playoffs (like last year). Not looking good.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

We need to engage tank mode if the Jags and/or Colts win.

15. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Bad teams dont need to tank...they can fall down all by themselves

1 person likes this.
  16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I have no faith in the scouts/GM at this point. Earl Mitchell is a no show, and Amobe is still only showing up once a game. A 1st and a 3rd round pick down the drain. Duane "False Start" Brown was good for one call a game, and he can't even keep that under control now. Screw drafting with this GM, trade all of our early picks for FA's.

17. msn

msn Member

repped.

18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Help me understand the mindset here: You're so upset and angry the team is losing that you're... hoping they lose more?

A 9-7 finish might not float my boat - but I'd much whether watch a team that wins more often than it loses, regardless if it doesn't ultimately lead to anything, than sit through a 5-11 season. That's no fun at all. Ask Detroit fans is constant coaching turnover and better draft position recasts their September -December experience in a more positive light.

I root for the team to win, regardless, and hope the ownership sets it on the right path moving forward when the time is right.

I will never understand why someone that would call themselves a "fan" would root for their team to lose.

1 person likes this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

therein lies the problem.

20. msn

msn Member

yep. tanking is for losers.