1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The bull**** on BSPN

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by lnchan, Nov 3, 2020.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Is it wrong to encourage rioting and looting of ESPN headquarters? Asking for a friend.

**My bad... got the wrong link originally...

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...rrated-settle-biggest-debate-all-30-teams#HOU

Houston Astros

How long will the Astros' 2017 World Series title be tarnished?

For the players, their 2017 title is tarnished forever. If you scroll back to the beginning of the season, every team set out to prove it was the best at baseball. The Astros failed to do that, plain and simple. If you keep scrolling back, back, back in time, to when these guys were kids trying to play catch without dropping it, or further still, to when the first ballplayers were organizing the first games -- the premise of every career, every league and every game was: Who can play baseball the best? Not: Who can cheat the best? The 2017 Astros cheated the best, but they did not prove that they played the best, and so they failed. Alex Bregman, Jose Altuve, George Springer and Carlos Correa could win the next 10 World Series, but they will have won only the next 10 World Series; they will and can never, ever, ever get credit for 2017, at least in the way they wanted it. And baseball history being baseball history, the memory won't ever fade; it'll grow into something even bigger, with even more moral clarity. The 2017 Astros will in 100 years be bigger villains than they are today.

#1 lnchan, Nov 3, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The post is blank, but what are we NOT missing out on?

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Media is doing what they're doing to generate hits and clicks and discussion. I'm pretty sure they don't believe in 10% of the stuff they write. Media has been like this for a very long time.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What do you disagree with about their analysis of the 3 Astros World Series appearances? They actually show that the White Sox series (even though it was a sweep) was the closest WS in history.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah, I am not going to go through that entire list just to be outraged.

Can somebody give me the cliff notes?

7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

My bad... gave bad link and bad screenshot...

Houston Astros

How long will the Astros' 2017 World Series title be tarnished?

For the players, their 2017 title is tarnished forever. If you scroll back to the beginning of the season, every team set out to prove it was the best at baseball. The Astros failed to do that, plain and simple. If you keep scrolling back, back, back in time, to when these guys were kids trying to play catch without dropping it, or further still, to when the first ballplayers were organizing the first games -- the premise of every career, every league and every game was: Who can play baseball the best? Not: Who can cheat the best? The 2017 Astros cheated the best, but they did not prove that they played the best, and so they failed. Alex Bregman, Jose Altuve, George Springer and Carlos Correa could win the next 10 World Series, but they will have won only the next 10 World Series; they will and can never, ever, ever get credit for 2017, at least in the way they wanted it. And baseball history being baseball history, the memory won't ever fade; it'll grow into something even bigger, with even more moral clarity. The 2017 Astros will in 100 years be bigger villains than they are today.

But for Astros fans, the title is good. You're all good. You don't have to answer for what your team did. We're fans specifically because we're not participants. The detachment between what teams do (act) and what we do (hope, react) is what makes fandom such a mystical, suspenseful and ultimately tolerable pursuit, giving us a low-stakes way to feel the highest-stakes emotions. If you were an Astros fan who was specifically rooting for them to win by cheating, you probably have a personal journey to go on. But otherwise, no fan should be found complicit in their team's sins. If you enjoyed watching that title, you never need to feel a moment's guilt about it. -- Sam Miller

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Sounds like somebody virtue signalling way to hard.

Did he forget that people are now clamoring for Rose to be in the hall or that A Rod is now the darling of announcers and that Mark Mcguire is coaching on a actual team?

This guy.:rolleyes:

9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I guess this guy has a hard-on for the Astros. The word moral does not belong in this game called baseball. The system rewards money and cheating. All of sports. Except for maybe gentleman sports.

10. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Are you triggered yet?

[​IMG]

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pissed tf off when I read that, but then I calm down and ask all the haters:

[​IMG]

Because

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lol suck a D media trollz