1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Better angle. Franks face...... LMAO

DreamShook likes this.
  2. vator

vator Contributing Member

#1922 vator, Dec 19, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

after getting embarrassed yet again, Woodley just needs to head to the Himalayas and become a monk…don’t show your face for about 5 years

Aware likes this.
  4. Victorious

Victorious Member

Lolll tell me you're a casual without saying you are. Paul feinted a jab to the body which made Tyron try to block it. Pretty basic boxing right there.

There's no need to rig his fights he isn't doing anything special. Hes fighting non boxers making their boxing debut who's probably trained for two months at most. He has every advantage, tailor made matchups.

With everything we know about brain damage and cte, you really think someone like Tyron would choose to get knocked out cold by a YouTuber? Throw away his whole reputation, become a meme for life for jake paul? Lol did you not see tyron after the fight, thought he should have been on suicide watch

King1 likes this.
  5. Aware

Aware Member

its wild that he got caught by that sequence since paul tried it the whole fight lol

i've been skeptical about these whole freak show fights but that one seemed real to me simply because of the amount of body shots woodley was hitting paul during the clinch. no way he gets away with that or attempts those if there is an agreement in place.

we got jake paul out here looking like canelo v kirkland

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

7. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He’s a headhunter, he wasn’t trying to goto his body… he signaled and Woodley dropped arm and turned and tucked head …. But yeah call me a casual when majority of boxing pages agree it was fixed.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

9. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Amir Khan v Kell Brook-
    This fight was over in the first round. Kell Brook looks like he is getting better with ever fight. He lost a couple of moments in the fight but was never in any real danger. Amir Khan probably need to retire, I can't remember the last time I was impressed with his ring perfromance.

Munguia v Ballard-
    This is the type of fight that drives fans away. Ballard had one person in his corner when Munguia got into the ring. Munguia had so many people in his corner that when they introduced the ref he was stuck behind a few ring girls. If this fight would have someway went the distance Ballard would not have won no matter how many rounds he would have won.

I'd like to see Kell brook fight GGG and Munguia maybe against someone like Gervonta Davis.

10. Fantasma Negro

11. Aware

Aware Member

Canelo v Bivol is set
    I think thats the toughest fight out there for canelo but not the most interesting one

I got love for the charlo twins because i'm from alief too but canelo handles jermall

Fantasma Negro and K mf G like this.
  12. K mf G

Josh Taylor v Jack Catterall-- Jack Catterall looked pretty good. He had a simple game plan and executed almost to perfection. I thought Catterall won even with losing the point, and especially after Josh Taylor lost a point. I read the British Boxing Board is going to review the score cards but we'll see if anything happens. Catterall gave Josh Taylor a boxing lesson he Taylor is lucky to still have the belts.

Chris Colbert v Hector Luis Garcia-- Last time I saw Colbert fight he looked really good. They said Garcia took this fight on 2 1/2 weeks notice. Garcia dominated this fight and Colbert was lucky to make it to the final round. Not sure if this was one of those playing down to your opponent thing for Colbert but he might have looked good in 1 or 2 rounds, but other than that out classed the entire fight.

Yung-T and Fantasma Negro like this.
  13. K mf G

Was really looking forward to Charlo v Canelo, but we'll see what Canelo looks like at this weight.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Errol about to get revenge

15. Aware

Aware Member

Gamboa is beyond recognition at this point. Sad.
    Really hope that his people push him towards retirement.

16. KingCheetah

Why does it always seem like Cuban fighters are 40 plus years old?

17. Aware

Aware Member

Probably just due to the fact that it takes a while to build their amateur boxing records. Your talking 10+ years and at least one Olympic cycle before they are big enough names to draw up interest. By the time they defect and have had their first few pro fights, they are 34 with only a couple of prime years left

KingCheetah likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

Fury 6' 9" 268 vs. Whyte 6' 4" 253 ... boxing really needs a super heavyweight or super cruiserweight (220) division. Mike Tyson would look like a midget trying to fight Fury.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

And age divisions

20. KingCheetah

Ref trying to become a star... good fight through four.