1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

The Bosh Ultimatum

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jzmagic, Jul 5, 2010.

1. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

This is not going to go on for a week or longer. We will know where he's going by the 8th

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Other teams aren't offering deals to Scola and Lowry. Until that happens, the Rockets can basically go after every longshot without losing any time or resources. Until the big FAs sign, all the other teams are in holding patterns as too many teams are not going to make deals while they are trying to land a big FA.

3. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

NO.. 100% wrong

the longer it drags on the better our chances become hes realizing that the 'power trio' isnt going to happen and TOR doesnt want anything from MIA and CHI arent going to include Noah in any package so that a dead deal.. Bosh desperately wants that extra yr and he knows hes back in Dallas realizing this as I type these words.. trust that

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I think we keep the heat on them until they cave or get Lee or Boozer. I dont think we should waite for Bosh if we can getsomeone else also. Lee might not be that much of an upgrade but if you dont have to lose as much in a trade or gice him too big a contract? That might be a good way to go also? Bosh isnt really needed here but we would like him and frankly this is all kind of tiring that he is favoring not coming here so bad to one of the NBAs hugest markest and most marketable franchises, with largest fanbase, and winning so much that he hasnt even considered giving us another meeting like the other teams or more serious talks about us. Its kind of insulting because Miami is a small market team and the Bulls have less wins and no sign and trade assets that will work for them or Toronto. Does he really have to be with Lebron or Wade> Is it that important? I mean as close to home without playing at home and no love here for Houston? Not even in his hometown either to worry about but close enough still to be an advantage for him. I kind of am almost leaning more towards Boozer and Lee now. if he doesnt get his 6 year max it wont bother me none. We could give someone else that in the future like Carmello or Chris Paul. Rockets are a big franchise and if they think Miami is a big deal? So be it.

5. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I say no to the all or nothing public ultimatum I think it has a chance of backfiring. I think a better course would be to start wooing other potential big names, as Bosh knows we can/will probably only be able to offer 1 max contract without gutting the entire team.

I say we wine and dine Carlos Boozer, etc with absolutely no intention of signing him. I say we talk sign and trade with Utah with absolutely no intention of pulling the trigger. All the while, we should make it clear that Bosh was our first option but he showed no interest.

I think we should make public that we plan to offer Boozer a max deal (LOL). I think that will bring Bosh over. It's like when you ignore the hottest girl in the bar while all the other guys are drooling over her. She becomes facinated, wondering what your problem is. She at least wants to talk to you at that point.

6. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

I was also thinking of that, make it known that we're approaching other FA targets in a SnT that could jeapordize the Bosh SnT package.

7. toby

toby Member

Sez you.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

it's one thing to really believe an ultimatum is the best idea and another to just be tired of this and wanting to get it over with. I feel like this is more of an anti-bosh thread than a thread to help out the team.

This isnt holding us back, it's not like we are desperate to make a move. More than likely we wont make ANY move. We're in a good position to sit back and wait. We may sign miller, but as far as trades go, we really dont need to make any unless its for a star, which is what we're working on.

it won't drag out that long. Once the others guys start committing, then everything will fall in place very very quickly. And yes, it may go another week, but that's probably because they can't een sign contracts yet! No need to act like we're ready to open training camp and need to have our team settled.

9. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Ditto on the Boozer thing. Offer it up to Boozer. Only Boozer how much he loves money would jump on it so fast he would be making the Jazz comply with it. Boozer is real good though. Cant we offer him up the six year deal anyways and still be good?

10. HalataHoops

HalataHoops Member

I'm sick off all these damn Bosh threads. Can't these ideas and questions be thrown into one freaking thread???? I mean seriously can we quit making new Bosh threads until someone with real information post one. Its getting old and I'm tired of bouncing between threads to pickup new info. Errrrrrrrrr. Sorry for the rant

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Sign and trade for Boozer at 5 years max? Think he would bite? Morey should really consider this. He might be better than Bosh but older a little. Certainly playoff experience and more battle tested.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

No to Boozer, not a big improvement and not what's needed alonsside Yao, need size.

13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Hey bro, if the guy doesn't want to sign with us, screw him, let him sign wherever he wants.

It's simple, you want the max....Check
    you want the best team available.....Check
    you want to win championship.....Check

14. JoeZ

JoeZ Member

Obviously your feelings are involved and your tired of waiting. Lets hope for the best and use our patience.

15. toby

toby Member

Boozer is probably a downgrade from Scola. Stop with the impatience.

My mother always said that patience is a virtue.

16. purplefever

purplefever Contributing Member

It doesn't have to be an actual ultimatum. Morey just has to make a big show about meeting with Boozer and Lee, which puts the thought Bosh's mind that he can't use Houston as a backup plan/leverage forever and better get on with making a decision one way or another.

I don't think the timing favors Houston one way or the other, though. Both Bosh and Colangelo are waiting to see what Lebron does. If he goes to NY with Stoudemire, then Houston can pretty much kiss their chances at Bosh goodbye, as Bosh & Wade can then choose between Miami or Chicago.

If Chicago can do something favorable to the Raptors (instead of Deng) then a deal can be made, otherwise BC prefers Miami's picks and TPE.

If Lebron stays in Cleveland or goes to Chicago, then Houston has a chance, as BC will try extremely hard to get NY's 1st pick from Houston, with Miami as the fallback.

I suspect nobody is going to do anything until James declares his intentions, but Rockets fans who are pining for Bosh should be praying that James doesn't go to NY, as Colangelo would decline any Houston deal that didn't have good picks attached.

17. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

calm down spelling bee
    CHUMP lol
    sorry i mispelled champ :grin:

18. toby

toby Member

I'm so glad Morey is GM and not some of these posters. Yikes.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Absolutely disagree, the longer this drags on, the better for Bosh to the Rockets.

20. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

No to Boozer as well. What we are saying is pretend to have an intention of signing Boozer to a max deal with no real intention of doing so. This would have worked a little better with Amare were he still available of if the Suns could still S-n-T. This would get Bosh's attention.