1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Bosh Debacle - [Reflection]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Grimm920, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

Now that we have seen a little bit of the season, how does everyone feel about not receiving Chris Bosh and retaining Scola?

Bosh:
    PPG: 17.6
    AST:1.8
    RPG:7.1
    FG%51
    20 mil per

Scola:
    PPG:22.2
    AST:2.2
    RPG:9.7
    FG%52.5
    10 mil per

I am really starting to doubt Morey's ability to judge a player's ability. We almost lost a 20/10 guy for a guy with similar stats but at double the cost... The Rockets IMO really dodged a bullet and Morey should be thanking the Heat everyday.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Bosh would score way more points for Houston, he doesn'T get involved that much in Miami.

3. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

I can believe that he would score more with the Rockets but it would maybe be 3-4 more points then Scola scores now

Not to mention that Scola is a tank and does not get injured while Bosh is wearing a knee brace and has back spasm issues (ie McGrady)

4. Garner

Garner Member

Bosh's numbers will go up with addition of Damp.

Stop freaking out and going after Morey.

5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Not to mention he's younger, has star power and last but not least he's black.

1 person likes this.
  6. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

It's not the ON court things that make me happy we missed out on that crazy train. He's ridiculous on the inside.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Averaging 17 (should have more rebs) on a team with Lebron and Wade is not equal to averaging 22 and 9 on a bad team.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Who says we get rid of Scola if we added Bosh? They would have made a killer combo.

9. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Bosh is better on D.

I'd still take a warrior like Scola over Bosh any day though.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Bosh would still be a killer here. Ideally, it would have been Yao, Bosh, and Scola as our rotation of bigs with all 3 guys getting around 30 minutes and Hayes getting a few leftovers when somebody got in foul trouble. Even with Yao gone, Bosh would still be killer with Scola. He would dominate the boards along with Scola and would provide great spacing for our offense. Bosh would be ten times to us what he is in Miami. However, he got his money and a shot at some rings if only Miami can find a dominant defensive paint presence and James and Wade can figure out how to make their games mesh. The biggest problem with Miami is not Bosh. It is James and Wade co-existing and being productive since both of their games are predicated on handling the ball and penetrating.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What do you think their stats would be if they switched places, out of curiosity?

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Winner. Dumb logic is dumb logic.

13. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

My guess would be Scola would still have better numbers. Bosh is so overrated. I wasn't part of the recruit Bosh crew, I knew Scola would be a workhorse.

14. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Bosh put up better stats last year as the main guy than workhorse Scola has put up this year. I'd go out on a limb to say that Bosh's first-option numbers would be better than Scola's third-option numbers.

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Bosh would be better here and Scola would be better in Miami.

16. RyanB

RyanB Member

Scola cannot defend/ Bosh can
    Scola cannot get the ball out of double teams/Bosh can

stats do not mean anything dude in this case

17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Let's say Toronto and Bosh agree to a sign-and-trade package of Hill/Battier/Jeffries/picks.

Houston could have marched out a lineup of:

Brooks/Lowry
    Martin/Lee
    Budinger
    Scola/Patterson
    Bosh/Miller

And that's WITHOUT Yao.

18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I think Morey would have let Scola walk in free agency even if he did acquire Bosh.

19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Disagree.

Les wanted to keep Scola BADLY. He would have just told Morey not to sign Brad Miller if it would cost them Scola.

In my scenario above, Bosh would have cost the Rockets roughly the same as Hill/Battier/Jeffries combined. If you cut out Miller's $4.4M salary this season, and sign Scola to the same deal, the Rockets would have a LOWER payroll than they currently have.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Lol man that team would get nuked defensively!