1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Blazers sign Adam Morrison to 1 yr. deal

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Caltex2, Sep 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. da_juice

da_juice Member

I disagree, we're obviously not tanking, but I'd say we're in a different kind of rebuilding. I think Lin and Asik are stop-gaps. Guys who can carry the load while the current young guys are improving, and then replaced when our young guys make the job to "veteran" status if you want to call it that.

I prefer this, to be honest. Look how big of a mess a big "all out" youth movement can be in Sacramento? Lin is there to help guys get their footing in an NBA offense (a bad point guard IMO can stifle a rookie's progession) plus he is a "high character" guy like Battier was. Asik- on the other hand- I think is there for D-Mo. A guy who can play center so that we can mold Motiejuanas to be a power forward (and so that he doesn't pick up any bad habits).

I wouldn't be surprised if, in 5 years, we're a 6th seed with rookies or sophmores manning the point or center positions. But, I suppose time will tell what the plan is.

2. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sUcQ1bh38sA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Scalabrine 2.0 baby!