1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Bill Worrell Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shawn786, Nov 9, 2007.

1. igotask8board

igotask8board Member

Bill Worrell is like a used-car salesman urging his customers to look past the dents.

"The Rockets are still in it." Bill Worrell, with 23 seconds left and the Rockets are down by 7, Mavs' ball.

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Wasn't there a time when Gene Petersen and Bill Worrell did games together, before Jim Foley took over for Bill...

Bill is very underrated, if he can make Clyde look and sound decent then you know he's good.

3. dbdb49

dbdb49 Member

BILL IS THE COOLEST ESPECIALLY WHEN HE WAS WITH CALVIN THEY WOULD HAVE ME CRACKIN UP LAUGHIN EVEN WHEN THE ROCKETS WOULD LOSE I GOT TO ENJOY THE GAME BULLARD IS FUNNY TOO BUT NOT THE OTHERS

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

worrell is good. especially if you compare him to another announcers across the league.

I wish he would stop saying T for 3 though. thats dumb

5. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

First of all, once again, Bill Worrell is terrible.

He used to date my mom back in the day. She works in the Astros organization. She said he was the biggest pompous ass back in the day. Weird thing is, one of my fraternity brother's mom also dated him and she said the same thing!

He is also just terrible at his job, and whoever said he makes Clyde look and sound good is completely r****ded.

I am fairly certain that we have the absolute worst announce team in the history of sports. Ever.

I would rather listen to the Chinese announcers on CCTV5 than listen to their garbage.

6. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Why are you yelling?

7. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

bill is a fan...a homer and thats why i love him. mutombo could deliberately knock someone out with one of his infamous elbows and bill still wont see the foul

gotta love the guy, i think he does a great job.

8. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Eh, Bill is OK. He's a little campy and a bit of a homer, but he's pretty entertaining. I still enjoy it better with the sound off and Gene and Jim on the radio.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Bill is the very best. Bill with Calvin is even better! :cool:

10. debaser

debaser Member

Bill does a great job. I just miss Calvin. I thought I never would but he added a lot to the broadcast. I did not realize this until he was gone.

But Bill is still the man.

11. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

puts things in perspective ...

12. chicho

chicho Member

Bill is the man!! He is going to die a Rockets announcer!

I am sure that he misses Calvin.. he has to put up with these clowns.. :rolleyes:

13. TheSummit

TheSummit Member

Calvin and Bill together was the best sports broadcasting experience I have witnessed. Even in blowouts, they were hilarious talking about random things.

I like bullard tho. I loved when he called Jason kidd "ason Kidd", stating " because he has no J". :D , but they still need to bring calvin back.

14. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Im getting tired of hearing:

"T-mac to the rack!"

and

"Shanghi Shake" - What the hell is this move? Its not even close to the Dream Shake, its basically just a turnaround jumper.

Otherwise Bill is pretty chill. I remember the days when his ass was with McCoy McLemore

15. plee

plee Member

If you ever get a chance to watch other teams and hear their announcers, you will definitely appreciate Bill, Calvin, Matt, and yes even Clyde.

16. darnbni99a

darnbni99a Member

gotta love bill!!

17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bill is Mr.Houston.While at UH my MOM actually went out with him too....wow.
    In my Mother's yearbooks,I actually have pictures of him in his cheerleading uniform doing this cheer...jumping for joy or whatever.I'll have to dig them up unless someone can beat me to it.THEY ARE CLASSIC!

After all is said and done I can't imagine Houston without him.

18. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Bill is the best. He's all I've known since I was a little kid. I miss the days when he and Calvin were together; you couldn't top them. Bill is the man because he's had to carry Clyde and deal with Cooper and Chancellor. He's still doing his thing and doing it well after all that. Bill Worrell appreciation indeed.

19. pongd

pongd Member

lol bill a cheerleader...

man hes had such a long career. cant imagine watching a rockets broadcast without him

20. pongd

pongd Member

tmac to the rack is getting old though...uses it a little too often...and sometimes he says shanghai shake on different movies... :confused: