1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The biggest differnce between now and T-Mac plus team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lonestar, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

NOW: Yao gets the balls consistently then spreads out. Every player knows that and does DO that. (They say it and mean it)

The past: T-mac and Alston knew and said that, but they did not do that (They said it and did not mean it or did not try the best to do that)

The biggest beneficiary is Artest. His style is very suitable for this kind of inside out

Yao got genuine respect by the teammates including Artest. When Artest says yes, no 2nd teammate could say no.

Glad to have Ron + Yao. The are perfectly complementary on and off court. I hope Ron could stay years with Yao

"It is so great to hear comments from Brooks, Lowery, and Wafer instead of Tmac and Alston. They are positive and seem to know Yao's value to the team. Defense and ball movement will keep the Rox on the winning path. Great job by Shane, Luis and Ron. Go Rockets" -- gmuz
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6285577.html

The history shows that a center could not carry a team. I thought Yao was too nice to carry rockets too. However with badass Ron, plus world-class great teammates on Luis, Shane, Rockets will go deep deep in playoffs i believe

Any more differences?

Go Rockets

2. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Give the damn ball to Yao !!!! pls!!!

3. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

And these are the type of games where we need a healthy Tracy. No one can get the ball to Yao

4. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

We need a healthy Tracy McGrady. With the talent he has on the team now, he can preserve his energy 1-3 quarters and start taking over in the 4th. This is where we will truly miss Mr. McGrady.

5. ai_111

ai_111 Rookie

THe difference is that with T-Mac, we can give him the ball and he can create in the end of the games when Yao is fronted. Without T-mac, we cant do anything.

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Too many blind bandwagoners in this board.

The difference between T-mac plus?

Nobody knows how to get the ball to Yao the way McGrady does. Whether fans like it or not, McGrady was Yao's best compliment. It's only when he played injured that he became a huge cancer for this team.

Artest does not know what to do at late games except shoot, he doesn't know how to do the drive in and pass out

7. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

There is no difference.

The Rockets play sh**** on the road and very good at home.

I think we're overstating how much Mac kills the team. In reality, playing on the road just equals a sucky Rockets team. This is true of most teams and is the only thing seperating us from being truly elite.

8. astros148

astros148 Member

this game exactly is why we need a tmac on this team.

9. Lovemachine2000

Keep dreaming...

10. King901

King901 Member

Tmac would have actually got the two shots to hit the rim and pass to someone else when he kne whe couldnt have got the shot up unlike artest choking then crying att he end. He is garbage.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he's done for with the rockets bro. get over it.

what we need is for someone else to step up. and that guy is LUIS SCOLA. we can't get yao the ball, give the damn ball to scola. dude is a damn beast.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

T-Mac is done. But I hope people would stop saying that we are a better team without him. Artest is not the answer.

13. supdudes

supdudes Member

Ron Artest went BANANERS...I think he was feed crazy pill by the refs. All in all, they need to learn how to LOb the basketball, and get some penetration. Of course that's easier said than done, but I do trust the rockets will learn from this, and RON ARETEST especially- he seems like a perfectly reasonable guy... :cool:

14. supdudes

supdudes Member

not in this one...but I agree :cool:

15. slugyang

slugyang Member

with Tmac is "I can, but I dont want to" with AB is "I want to, but I cant". Let's give AB and team some time to solve the damn fronting thing.

16. rocketsmetalspd

TMac fans need to stop crying themselves and have a good time next season when he is with new team. Good luck following him with his new team next season.

17. rocketsmetalspd

True, the fronting problem needs to be address. I just wish Landry would come back soon. The team is missing his game.

18. Hmm

Hmm Member

such rampant stupidity in the GARM with all these Tracy-tunnel-visioned idiots running around.. they're like the redneck, backwoods affiliation of the NRA.. and Tracy's their most cherished item of weaponary..

19. Hmm

Hmm Member

minus the extra "a" there.. ^

and what is going on with the board lately..? all these "broken links" re-directions.. and slow loads..

20. King901

King901 Member

You must be one of those band wagon fools i talk about. Too many dumb pecker wood people like you on here.