1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Big Three

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BasketballMind, Jul 3, 2012.

?

Assuming all 4 rookies stay Rockets, who will have the most productive career?

1. D-Mo

28.5%
  2. Jeremy Lamb

50.0%
  3. Royce White

2.0%
  4. Terrence Jones

4.5%
  5. Great potential that all 4 will be special players

15.0%
  1. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Rockets fans, please do not fear. Uncertainty is among you, but I am here to offer you a little faith. I believe after countless hours of an entire team analyzing rookies before and during the draft. Also after a few workouts with everyone together, the Rockets are CONVINCED.

Morey rebuilt the Rockets in one draft. Without a superstar player to trade. Without tanking. Without a top 5 or top 10 pick. Now all he has to do is find the right pieces to fit around our new "Big 3"

Isn't it great? We have 3 rookies w/ elite level skills (We'll hopefully keep) that are going to experience the NBA for the first time together. Train together. Go out, maybe become friends. Gain chemistry on/off the court, while hopefully staying and dominating... Together.

The Rockets NEED this. They need a new breed of All-star caliber players to not only get the fans excited (while keeping financial flexibility) but also by changing the perception of the organization. Getting rid of the players who have been complaining, and signing players, who out of all the other teams, feels the Rockets "took a chance" on them. Keeping talented, yet APPRECIATIVE players on the team.

Lamb is great at moving without the ball, wingspan, quick release, lights out shooting (Remind you of anyone?) Not to mention very athletic.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vw7RXNc75Rw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love the versitility of Royce and T. Jones. You're crazy if you're limiting Terrence Jones to just a PF alone. He's 6'10 (Possibly still growing) and (did you know?) has elite ball handling skills. A slasher you can put on the wing or slide to Center. Just incase you havnt seen this video:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s-sd9Zygbdk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skills like these don't all of a sudden just disappear. Do they? Now you all have probably seen Royce White highlights. I just wanted to mention that what I love most about our new "Big Three" besides their ability to score, create for themselves, and finish strong at the basket... Is their ability to create for others.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sps0J1jgses" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah it could take more than a year. But you can't tell me with great work ethic these players can't be great for us. Hmmmm, maybe the Rockets keep Lowry (He'd be happy starting), Livingston and sign Lin. Three smart pgs that can make their team better. Knowing where other players need the ball. Trade Scola for whatever you can get to enhance the team. Keep Martin along WITH Lamb? (You have to focus on White/Jones and are BOTH good passers.) Patterson will be better than he was last year. Parsons will be even better. The center position will be taken care of, and TRAINING CAMP is back!

So Rockets fans, RESPECT the organization. ACKNOWLEDGE and UNDERSTAND the talent we have on this team, and show some RESPECT to our new ... Big ... 3!

WELCOME!

3 people like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Lowry Martin Scola
    OH! You said THE BIG THREE not THE PISSED THREE

Rocket River

3. tokenbk

tokenbk Member

I thought this was a thread about Lin-Parsons-Asik.

4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Mr. Sandman bring me a dream.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

6. SacTown

SacTown Member

Repped for the laugh. Thanks

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Big three? really? I'm sorry, but with all due respect, that is preposterous

8. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

just found my new rockets wallpaper for next season.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  10. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

One thing I've learned over the past few year is...NEVER TRUST HIGHLIGHTS!

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Jones, White, Lamb. I like it. Our own homegrown 3. Its a direction at least.

12. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

thanks man, I dig your work alot, I had the playoff one from last year but since we didnt make it I did it use.

thanks again.

13. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

What the hell,not like we have anything else going.

14. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

5 star thread would read again if I read it the first time

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

1 person likes this.
  16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

/thread

1 person likes this.
  17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dude, YOU ARE TRUE FAN! ;)

18. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

The PISSED THREE would definitely be:

DD
    thetatomatis
    Rocket River

19. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Why the hell would people down rate the thread ? At least the guy's trying to be positive.

1 person likes this.
  20. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

What are the odds of 3 first round picks (that all could and should have gone higher) being drafted by the same team... All with elite skillsets & high basketball IQ. All low risk/ high reward players (w/ rookie scale contracts). How could it not be possible? This is a thread of faith! If you're laughing, disagreeing, and doubting the Rockets organization (and ME) then YOU my fans don't have FAITH! :D