1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Bible Code: Is it real?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CourtCourt, Dec 3, 2003.

Tags:
  1. HtownRocks

HtownRocks Member

Why isn't the Bible Code something that could actually happen? Technology can do everything for you these days... why is "being warned of the future" crossed out on the different favors computers and technology can do you for in this point in time? :p

[​IMG]

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Sure...it could happen...it all sounds so totally plausible.

Michael Drosnin meet Erich Von Daniken

:)

3. HtownRocks

HtownRocks Member

I might feel bad for saying this later, but who is that? lol

4. Rashmon

He wrote, "Chariots of the Gods" and several other books postulating that earth was visited by aliens many years ago.

Brought places like Easter Island, the lines of Nazca, and other "Bible Code" type enigma's to the public attention in the early 70's.

I too find stuff like the Bible Code interesting but try to keep at least one foot planted firmly in reality and my tongue in cheek.

http://www.daniken.com/

5. Rashmon

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

:eek: If he doesn't believe in God, how could he possibly think a code in the Bible could predict the future? If he were a Christian that was a little off, I could understand: at least there is some basis for believing the Bible is embued with some prophetic power, what with being authored by God and everything. But, if you don't believe in God then the Bible is just some book written by men (many men from disparate generations who had no luxury of conspiring with one another -- not to mention the lack of computing power) who would have no means of telling the future. That's all too messed up for me.

7. HtownRocks

HtownRocks Member

Not many men have experienced finding hidden "codes" in the Bible that tell stories of events that happened in the past so precisely... where, when, how, who.... He is convinced that its not just coincidence, but perhaps it was encoded to give us warnings. Let me add a phrase thats in Daniel 12:4-9:

"Shut up the words and seal the book even to the time of the end; many shall run to and fro and knowledge shall be increased...the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end"

Sound a bit like what this whole thread is talking about? I'm no scientists, I'm not that smart actually... that may be why I believe, but who knows... I believe in this. This is the time inwhich the world will face danger as the world has never seen before. That phrase from 'Daniel' fits in like a puzzle with these "Code" findings.

8. HtownRocks

HtownRocks Member

[​IMG]

I wanted to show everyone the Matrix in which those codes appear. And also, this other one thats very interesting.:

[​IMG]

And:

[​IMG]

9. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Oh glad you posted that. Yet another reason not to vote for W. :D

10. Rashmon

Wake up and let it go hTown. It's a crock.

"Mathematician David Thomas did an ELS on Genesis and found the words "code" and "bogus" close together not once but 60 times. What are the odds of that happening? Thomas also did an ELS analysis on Drosnin's Bible Code II: The Countdown (2002) and found the message "The Bible Code is a silly, dumb, fake, false, evil, nasty, dismal fraud and snake-oil hoax."* Does this mean that God put in a code to reveal that there is no code?"

11. HtownRocks

HtownRocks Member

It's not been proven. No facts. Drosnin' has found all of these codes, wrote tow books to prove it, and has been to all of the world leaders to warn them. When Davey does that, I'll believe Drosnin is a crock.