1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The best Rockets announcers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Mar 25, 2012.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For those complaining about the TV announcers,
    here's the voice of the Rockets. They broadcast on something called a "radio".

nice tribute video with the legendary "maxwell for 3" in the finals and Ralph Sampson 86 Lakers buzzer beater
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CIImIdDNqgo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    infamous Utah clock
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B0YoXt-mnug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    13 in whatever seconds
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yc_KkY04924" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    basically how it was for us back in the day
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NQmQH_nU6Sc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1 tinman, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  2. DreamRoxCoogFan

Craig does a good job, but nothing comes close to Gene and Jim. :(

3. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

Man I really miss hearing those guys. You can feel the excitement in their voices, the sincere passion they have for their jobs. Boy, i wish Clyde had that type of enthusiasm.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Their 13 in 33 call was the one that stood out the most in their final years. I literally get teary eyed every time i hear it because of the passion they showed...for a regular season win. It made that comeback that much better.

5. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Calvin is my all time favorite commentator.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

This organization is going down the crapper from an entertainment perspective. Once Worrell retires we are screwed.

Remember when Hannah Storm with her afro did our half time report. The good old days

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Just had to remind me I was old didnt ya ?! ...... I remember her on the radio before that.

[​IMG]

8. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

9. gah

gah Member

tinman posting a Tin-Mac centric video? Shame on you!

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the example was how great the announcers were.
    besides, TOFs don't know who Gene Peterson is or what a radio is.

11. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Too bad he's never going to come back, even with his legal issues resolved. For a public figure to be defamed with his daughters to accuse him of molesting them to try to get money from him.. lame stuff.

I really enjoy Bill Worrell's commenting just based on the fact that even though he's biased he still offers good commenting, but Bullard and Clyde just don't give alot of insight and are corny as heck. Clyde tends to enjoy making really awkward comments, things along the lines of "so easy its like clubbing baby seals" or something like "Scola's as good as LeBron James and D-Rose" or whatever.