1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Best Outcome: Houston Rockets 2011/12 Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RealRocFan47, Jun 4, 2011.

?

What would be the best Scenario for the Houston Rockets 2011/12 Season

1. Mchale leads the Rockets to a 30 win season, leaving Houston with a top 7 pick

26.4%
  2. The Rockets finish the season with 46 wins, as a 7th seed advancing to the 2nd round only

56.3%
  3. Mchale leads the Rockets to 50+ wins, while ending up getting swept in the 1st round

9.2%
  4. The Rockets finish with 44 wins tied as a 8th seed, losing the tie breaker.

8.0%
  1. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

I am very interested to see what everyone on Clutch Fans think would be the best Scenario for our beloved Houston Rockets in the 2011/2012 Season.
    Besides winning it All.

Although everyone has their own opinion on how we should move forward.
    One Thing for sure is that we Love our Rockets.

Mchale leads the Rockets to a 30 win season, leaving Houston with a top 7 pick
    -

I know alot of people on here throw around the word "tank" very loosely, but in all honesty tanking doesn't really exist any more. The reason why teams go 17-65 or 28-54 is because their team is not good enough to win games.

The Organization is not telling players to be less competitive, or the Coaches to not do their jobs effectively. The reason is because those teams just aren't good

The Rockets will never lose more than 50 games because players like Kyle,Goran,Lee,Hayes,Pat,Luis,Bud,Martin are just too Good, too Competitive and Simply wont allow it. (Mark Jackson Voice)

The Rockets finish the season with 46 wins, as a 7th seed advancing to the 2nd round only -

This is still on the mediocre treadmill as far as season wins, but its in the right direction. If we were able to make some noise in the 1st round of the playoffs as a low seed, we would have something to build off of going forward. Giving us a definite Identity

Mchale turns out a great coach, leading the Rockets to 50+ wins, while ending up getting swept in the 1st round

This would be the ultimate sweet and sour. If the Rockets can get back to winning 50+ games in the season, I think it would change the whole dynamic of our organization. But the first round loss to a lower seed would really go against coaching at that point, Mchale would have to take full blame, and would still leave ?s about his coaching ability

The Rockets finish with 44 wins tied as a 8th seed, losing the tie breaker.

No Comment.......

2. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I like this thread better than the other one.

3. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

I looked for one, didnt see it

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

46 and a Second Round

Rocket River
    . . . .still sipping . .

5. Raven

Raven Member

Top 7 pick!

Or maybe higher.

:)

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wheres the finals appearance/ possible championship choice?:confused:

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I say 42 wins is our ceiling. I would have said 50 had Adelman wanted to stay here, and vice-versa for the management wanting him.

8. thething

thething Contributing Member

I am more concerned with the roster moves that happen rather than the wins/losses of the season. We will not win the championship next year, so I want to see some progress towards building a championship roster.

Irregardless of what the W/L record is next year, I want to see a superstar SF or a good shot-blocking center on the roster. Preferably both. Then the wins will come in time.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I expect between 36 and 40 wins next year, with both Thabeet and TWill getting significant PT.

10. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Why are these the only scenarios? There are many other scenarios I'd prefer, involving the GM making some stupendous offseason moves and the Rockets making a Cinderella championship run.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Seriously, if the majority of the team stays intact and they get a legitimate center, i can see them winning 50+ games next season. Even if they don't get another 3, they still have T-Will waiting in the wings.

12. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

I wanted the options to be realistic scenarios of just an overall season output. I wanted to excluding winning a championship until next year.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I can understand you wanting to be realistic and all, but truth be told, we were just a Yao Ming away from being in the position that Dallas and Miami are in right now. Even without Yao we are still a couple of good two way players and a defensive scheme away.:grin:

14. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

I think T-Will will be the X-Factor for us next year. If he can improve on the things he needs to, game related and non-game related, we would become a force to be reckoned with. His type of talent is exactly what we need on the team, some one who can slash and pass.

I love watching his first game as a Rockets. He made five great passes that would of been assist, I think only one of them was a finished play. (kinda reminded me of when Tracy was here) But if he can become a pass first type of slasher he would be just what the doctor ordered

15. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

That's not how you tank in the NBA.

You tank by handy cap(ing) the team. You purposely get worse in order to get better. Just like the Seattle Sonics(now OKC Thunder) did.

They could've done better, record wise, in the 07-08 season had they kept Allen and Lewis. But instead they opted to go young and traded their best player in Allen for a top 5 pick in the 2007 NBA Draft , making them a lot worse then they would have been. The bad record of that 07-08 season led to them being in a position to draft Westbrook in the 2008 NBA Draft.

The Rockets are in position to do the same thing. They can trade their two best players (like I posted in my signature) in this years draft. Have a young talented team heading into the season and live with the results. (Which will most likely result into a top 7 pick in a loaded 2012 NBA draft.)

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think I'd like to see their roster before I predict their final record for next season.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Best outcome has nothing to do with anything on-court. It has to do with Morey succeeding in going Pat Riley on Dwight Howard.

Anything the Rockets can do on-court next season pales in comparison to what they can do next offseason. If they can't get one of the big 3(CP3/DWill/DH12), then they're either going to be mediocre or just horrible in 2013.

18. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

The sonics were a franchise in turmoil. Trading allen and lewis was basically their only option, and their best option. If they didn't they would not of had any flexibilty moving forward. They drafted westerbrook as a result of being a team not ready compete.
    The Rockets have not reached that state of despire yet

19. tofu--

tofu-- Member

So uh, remind us again why you decided to not include the "winning it all" option?

20. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

I don’t like these options.