1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Benching of James Harden by the Coach Kevin McHale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Bigsupervise

Bigsupervise Member

So i'm assuming you can't read because Lin was +7 and played a great game without scoring. The rockets point guards both played well

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He's trying to distract his teammates while coach calls out the play. Classic Peter Rose move. Bet on the game and use all your evil powers to get the result you need.

Harden is sick. He needs to shave his eyebrows if he won't do anything with that beard.

3. LinnyKravitz

LinnyKravitz Member

Haha, who can't read? Open them eyes and check the date on knote's post you idiot

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Telling LOF's to open their eyes

Well played sir :p

1 person likes this.
  5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Lol at this thread.

My sarcasm meter broke down from reading so many nuggets (read: daggets) thrown at LOFs. Hahaha.....:grin:

6. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

I agree with your sentiment, people do tend to overreact. I would say it's pretty common to sit starters when the game is over though, especially starters who have been playing heavy minutes all season with nagging injuries, and in this case I believe Love didn't come back in the 4th either which might have played a factor.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Harden should be benched for holding the mic wrong. It's so obvious that he doesn't want to let Dwight talk.

8. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

you want your best players (starters) out on the floor at the end of the game...

there is nothing wrong with benching a player for playing bad...

but not giving them a chance to redeem themselves get back into the game

means it would be unfair to put players playing bad back in...in a tight playoff game

because they would not be use to playing after being benched

as for Lin.... he is a 3 year rental agreement... fans cheering for other teams saw the Bias attitudes against Lin

most LOFs have resigned themselves into the understanding Lin was probably never part of the Rox long term plans....

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You play who is playing well. Coaches who go back to their starters, even though they are not playing well are taking a chance. Not a good strategy.

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

He was cheering because morey told him he was going to trade him from this turrbile franchise.

11. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

hahaha ... nice one. I am a Lin Fan, but these LOF theories are lolz.

12. Terry Teagle

Terry Teagle Member

I thought the Jackie Robinson of bearded people was Bill Russell or Bill Walton or Moses Malone or Baron Davis or Rasheed Wallace or Kevin Love or . . .

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Caring about what the other fans think? hahahaha LOF's are so funny

14. delishman

delishman Member

This thread is just a nest of troll and some kiddos are silly enough to put their foot in the bear trap.

15. peter1989212

peter1989212 Member

[video]Hightlights of James Harden's Defense

Saw this on youtube, some "Highlights" of James Harden's defense, you'll definitely like it.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-J7XX0TGfsQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  16. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

3 positives I took away from this video since the creator seemed to only focus on negatives

- on the isolation plays, for a majority of the plays he was not getting blown past, he was feeding him man to what he thinks is to dwight, in these instances the rotation by dwight/omer are often way to late

- on the screen plays, I'm not sure if this is just due to small sample size of the video or what but did anyone else notice that hardens man took a vast majority of those shots as long twos, which are pretty much low percentage shots when you factor in it only counting for 2 points

- lastly is this video old, and made in like November or is it harder to find these defensive lapses because all these games are pretty old.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Okkkkk.... so this needed a brand new thread because?????.....

We all know that Harden had a pretty pathetic defensive stretch early in the season when he was struggling with his foot injury. Taking clips from games that month in November/December and posting a brand new thread about something in February(when his defense has been much improved but still not perfect) makes no sense to me unless you have motives.

Calling out Harden for crappy defense is fine, but this thread is not necessary or relevant. If you want to create a relative discussion around Harden's defense, lets show some ANALYSIS comparing Harden's defense during November/December to how its improved or hasn't improved during the teams stretch of games in January/February.

We have enough youtube clips cherry picking Harden's defensive lapses from earlier in the season to last us the next decade is we wanted to watch them.... which I sure as hell dont.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LOL. this has been posted a hundred times already. Harden has his troubles on the defensive end but he has improved and continues to do so

19. try

try Member

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Found this on YouTube. I think it's a little old, but it probably hasn't been posted yet.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ceLlz7dOOvY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>