1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Aussie invasion

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DrNuegebauer, Jul 27, 2016.

1. omgTHEpotential

Thoughts on Exum guys? He's only 21, so calling him a bust might be a bit premature. But he's no 2nd coming of Kobe either as he was hyped to be pre-draft.

2. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

He's probably going to be a combo guard off the bench for his career. Not quite good enough as a primary PG, and not quite good enough as a go to scorer. Good defender. Shooting needs a lot of work. In his case, not having a couple of seasons of college ball probably helped his stock but hurt his readiness for the NBA.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

The Aussie invasion isn't as good as I thought it might be this year (so far)

The last 3 seasons HAVE shown us that you need an Aussie on the roster for big time success. Only Aussies win championships.

4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I've been disappointed in Exum from what I've seen of him this season. But cut him some slack given he came straight from high school and was injured last season. But agree I don't see him as any type of saviour like he was hyped to be.

Will be interesting to see what Simmons is like when he finally hits the court. I'm a little concerned that our young Aussies like Exum and Simmons are being over-hyped and turn out to be injury prone.

5. omgTHEpotential

Simmons has a much higher floor and ceiling though. No matter where you play, that type of court vision always translates. He should be a very serviceable player at worst. And can obviously become a superstar if he learns how to shoot. He needs to work with that Kawhi Leonard shooting coach during the off-season.