1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Athletic] Will the Pistons and Rockets make a trade around the No. 1 pick in the NBA Draft?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sooty, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Tilman is perfectly fine standing pat and drafting the guy who will sell the most jerseys as a rookie, who brings with him a huge social media following, and who also has the international basketball world interested. Its a slam dunk for the business side without even discussing the basketball potential. Rockets "more interested" in Cade is just posturing - Green makes the most sense for this owner.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Iko, master of the fluff pieces.

csnerd84 and J.R. like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

@Nook

4. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

w/lime? what a douche

Jontro likes this.
  5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Crazy part about the draft trade that happened with the Sixers and Celtics is that if it were to be done all over again, Jayson Tatum would still be the pick but this time at #1 overall.

Sometimes you don't need the first overall pick to discover first overall type talent. Edwards is crazy if he thinks we're gonna try and force ourselves into another corner by sending unprotected top picks while we're currently in a major rebuild stage. Stupid.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Detroit's own pick is the key to this deal, IMO.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Nah that's Feigan. Just wait for the puff piece from Feigan on our 9th man before the season starts.

clos4life, burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

looks like a fluffmeister

9. Nook

Nook Member

"Indeed the Rockets only interest to trade up to number one in the draft wasn't to draft Cunningham, rather it was to ensure that the Rockets would get Green no matter what. Secretly the Rockets wanted to let the world know just how highly they thought of Green by taking him number one. In Green the Rockets get a cross between Michael Jordan and Hakeem Olajuwon. As the Rockets outstanding general manager, Rafel Stone said to the media, this day could not have gone any better for the Rockets. Getting Green at number two in the draft is nothing short of a signal from God that he supports what the Rockets plan has been under the great Tilman Fertitta (all appetizers half off 3-5 PM at Salt Grass Steakhouse).

In fact Rockets very wealthy and generous owner Tilman Fertitta remembers seeing a shooting star outside his yacht deck the night Green was born and always inherently knew it was a supernatural signal from God that Tilman was special and better than everyone else on the planet and that Jalen Green would lead his franchise someday.

"I (Fertitta) remember being on the deck of my yacht, completely naked and wasted with lobster on my chest and the scampi butter all over my neck. I sat there nodding off, only waking when my man servant would clean my supple body. Anyway I sat there and I prayed to baby Jesus for help. I said, baby Jesus, life is hard for me right now and I need some sign that you have my back and that is when baby Jesus told me about Jalen Green. I immediately knew that Jesus and I were super tight. I remember thinking life really isn't that bad after all."" - Jonathan Feigen

10. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tilman likes to picture Baby Jesus passing out menus and lending holy praise to the special of the day.

theDude, BHannes2BHonest and Nook like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cmone there has never been nothing substantial behind that paywall that made you smarter or better informed after reading it...feigan cookies is at least free and short

12. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I would dearly love to believe this. Therefore, based on my aversion to confirmation bias, I don't.

Instead, I tell myself that Tilman threw all those picks into the Westbrook trade because he believed that the stakes were keeping or losing Harden, a proven superstar. And therefore, since those stakes don't apply in this case, he'll be more prudent.

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's interesting that he thinks fans are clamoring for Cade because he's from Texas. I would say the average fan doesn't even know that because he played for Oklahoma. If he had played at UT, UH, A&M or Baylor it would be different.

14. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

And he’s from Dallas, at that.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Stone (after reading this draft): Feels flat. Not fluffy. Wrong "fll". More fluff. Make Mr Fertitta look better.

Nook likes this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Trade him to Dallas for Luka. And move the rockets to Slovenia. Everyone’s happy

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Under no circumstances should we throw in a future unprotected frp to move up one spot. 23 and Detroit pick maybe a couple of twos. Take it or leave it and I’m not a Green fan.

No Worries and sirjesse like this.
  18. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I am fine with Cade at one if we give up a little (maybe our late frp) or green at two.

and then……I am fine standing Pat. I am not convinced the Pistons take Cade.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Thank you for the journey.

Nook likes this.
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We have a major publication what should we do?

Idk get a couple of journalists to pretend to be like jackoffs on a trade idea thread... except in article form!

Shark44 and Nook like this.