1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Athletic] Top 25 Defensive Players EVER

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Jan 27, 2022.

1. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Thanks for sharing this, I respect the film and folks who look at defense, Simmons is a very good or even elite defender at times.

As a combined two way player Simmons is an all star and much better than Thybulle, no question.

But to be completely honest if it's only defense we're looking at, then this is Thybulle right now and I don't know if it's close imo.

D-rock likes this.
  2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Fun to imagine Bobby Jones on that Moses Finals team and as a 6th man on the Dream/Ralph Finals team. Maybe we get to both Game 7s with him?

giddyup, BallSoHarden and D-rock like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yep, I agree.

Have been trying to trade for Thybulle since Sixers drafted him. :D

But Simmons AND Thybulle together create absolute chaos for opposing teams. They vibe with one another really well.

And they are equally disruptive in man defense, switch or zone.

Their collective IQ and chemistry is insane.

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Easily IMO.

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In his early days in Orlando, Tracy was a beast on both sides of the ball. I remember him rolling into the forum and locking up Kobe ( I was rooting for Kobe), just dominating both sides, and I was shocked. Eventually injuries, and denial ate him up, but there was a time...