1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Athletic) Rafael Stone: 'this is not a job anyone can do perfectly'

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Feb 23, 2023.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

This guy sucks….hope nobody is still buying his bularky. Said all along his big free agent splash will be Mike Conway.

bmelo likes this.
  2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I think that’s really the rebuilding mistake of many a GM - to continue to purposefully be bad because you aren’t sold that you drafted a franchise player. It does happen that way sometimes in weak drafts, but I think many rebuilding GMs -particularly those with top 5 picks fail in love with ceiling over fit. It’s an asset strategy to build organizational value from the picks but I think at some point you have to commit to something to realize that value - you can’t keep being bad forever until you draft a Lebron. At some point you take your Dame Lillard like player and just try to build a team around him even if you know they have a lower playoff ceiling…and who knows - one day you cash out and try again like what Utah did with Gobert and Mitchell (and Conley). Sometimes you have to say grow your assets to realize their value to the organization in the form of a later career trade.

Easy and dobro1229 like this.
  3. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

And this is precisely why Stone should go.

dobro1229 likes this.
  4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It’s exactly why I think Josh Harris agreed to let Hinkie go too. He tried to double down too many times and didn’t see that he just lost his last two hands trying to hit on the third.

Unfortunately Tillman’s comments the other day concern me. Not that he shouldn’t be praying for Wemby but the fact that he’d express that attitude with a reporter. It is just a blatant and honest expression of a vote of no confidence in Jalen and Jabari.

I fear that in that front office they are enamored watching more film on Wemby than they are actual nba game tape on Jabari, Jalen, and co. What I don’t think they realize is that they are taking a perfectly good #1 prospect in Jabari and have mentally broken him the way that Pujols ruined Brad Lidge.

Stone should be fired but I doubt he will be because I have a feeling this is a full front office and ownership problem. They’ve left everyone on the bench and on the court in the dust chasing a 14% jackpot. We’ve all been to Vegas I’m sure and we know what happens to idiots who keep doubling down at Roulette. And that is a 47% chance.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. bmelo

bmelo Member

Look at Sochan. His growth. Spurs tank yet play organised bball and their rookie developes rapid

Nook and PeterKingX like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ownership yes.

Ferntits already trying to kill time with the Commanders.

Pray for Victor and all the money that he brings with him.

They are prestige and money guys, except for Witus and a few who really care about development.

dobro1229 likes this.