1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Athletic] Not Morey's Fault

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Jul 1, 2019.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

who unfortunately lacks common sense

2. Nook

Nook Member

That is some of it, but a lot of this is coming from above.

There has been a change in protocol the last two seasons since ownership changed.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Of course, that's why he chose to join a middling team. :rolleyes:

4. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Hahaha

He never wanted to play here but we wasted the entire offseason trying to make a sign and trade for him

Pick of the free agents but we are one of the only teams to have done absolutely nothing

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Used and abused by Jimmy. It was obvious from the beginning and I tried to warn you all but you wouldn't listen.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

By far the biggest question raised in this thread is:

Why does ClutchFans have both @DreamShook and @Dream Shook? Do we honestly need both?

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I’m not buying the family excuse at all. Just seems like a cop out to me. If you like Miami or LA better as city, fine. Saying you don’t want to play at home because of family issues you is weak. You’ve got hundreds of millions of dollars you can insulate yourself if you want to.

Im not blaming Butler for choosing Miami he can do what he wants. I’m not blaming the org for not getting him. What pisses me off is all the bluster year after year and then coming up woefully short. It’s not fair to the fans who religiously follow every move the team makes.

#87 tmoney1101, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    Gray_Jay likes this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If that’s the case...then once again...why was Morey and everybody leaking stuff about “confidence” and “deals lining up” for Jimmy?

So dumb

9. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

are you mentally ill? You are mad at someone for not wanting to spend the majority of the next 4 years in a city he doesnt want to be in? You cant help where you are born lmao he doesnt **** with houston get over it

BeardNation13 likes this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

A death match between the two may be the only action we get this summer. There can be only one.

12. ball king23

ball king23 Member

for someone saying Fireworks in the off season and then only resigning their own players to one and 3 year deals and then claiming to have a trade and then saying we will only trade if we get butler then not doing anything is pretty much talk no action

13. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Sounds like bs ,he wants to be the man ,he didnt want to play second fiddle to ,d rose in chicago ,towns in minny and embid in philly ,egotistical ass wont do nothing in miami either.

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

There is a big difference between that statement and what was leaked. Big big difference. Notice that Morey didn't mention any names. Notice that Morey didn't say anything about how confident he was.

Morey is ALWAYS trying to improve the team and bring in star players. It's not news that Morey is always trying to add star players.

People around here seem to be upset because players names were revealed, and that Morey was displaying confidence. This info is all from the insiders, not from Morey.

beard4life likes this.
  15. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Mentally ill is assuming someone is “mad” at something he has no control of. I really don’t care if he likes Houston or not just pointing out how much of a b**** he is for the reason he claims doesn’t want to play here.

#95 Blurr#7, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  16. tc0330

tc0330 Member

this is all morey and tilman's fault. this is their job.

matchesmalone likes this.
  17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i was expecting this sort of reply. but i completely reject it and am not going to reply any further here. everybody who follows the league knew exactly who the *** he was talking about, both in terms of the top free agent and which rockets players would need to be dealt in the S&T. so any further posts claiming this was a harmless generalized quote by morey is tantamount to replying "define the word 'is'?". good day.

18. tnluong84

tnluong84 Member

I'm not happy that we didn't get Butler, but I'm also not sad. As long as Kawhi doesn't go to the Lakers, I think the West is still up for grabs. We still have most of our core. Hopefully we can pick up some cheap veterans to help bolster our defense and rebounding.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes, if Kawhi spurns the Lakers then we are in a good spot to compete.

We definitely aren't the so called "favorites" though imo.

tnluong84 and amaru like this.
  20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yet lbj did it. So a guy butler who everybody say ain't afraid to speak his mind. Would be afraid to tell said people no to tickets lmao.

That's a cop out. Bro nobody blames u for wanting the maimi scene. I dont. Just keep it 100