1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Athletic) Ikosystem: Rockets moving "Heaven and Earth" for Kawhi

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 29, 2019.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wanted Morey to select Kawai, and I was bitterly opposed to Morris, a slow moving college three who played like a tweener.

D-rock likes this.
  2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets had no clue they were getting Harden during this draft. This was two drafts before the trade even happened.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Why was this inserted into your story, @KellyUnchained ? Was it click bait? Hope not, I’m really enjoying your writing.

Wouldn’t be cool if you were adding fuel to a fire that has no chance of igniting. You’re insight and writing is too good to be adding things like that if it’s not true.

Richie_Rich and xaos like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wanna see heaven and earth moved once in a lifetime!

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Imagine getting Kawhi and then telling him to abandon the midrange, only shoot 3s and become a flopper

6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

The only thing morey can move right now are double cheeseburgers and fries.

cheke64 likes this.
  7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

The Rockets wouldn’t do this. They know where great players strengths are. When you’re just a player, they want to improve their odds of success.

The Rockets don’t discourage CP3 from his midrange game, they just want him to shoot the 3 when he is open.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

the only thing he is aggressively good at

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Kelly's article is a good read. I enjoyed the bits about the assistant coaching search. But he should not have put that Kawhi item in there. It is clickbait.

@KellyUnchained, you don't need that. Just do your thing.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The tweet was where it was misleading. It made it sound like they were "moving heaven and Earth" for Kawhi. The quote in his article was pretty innocent. It was definitely click bait to feature it in the tweet.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Right

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'd trade Harden and 1st rounder for Kawhi in a heartbeat

mike2k132 and mastan like this.
  13. biff17

biff17 Member

I don't need Google to know he did not lead San Antonio to the Finals did you forget about Tim Duncan or Tony Parker?

He had a great finals but he only averaged 14 points a game the entire playoffs even with that great finals.

he was tied for the 3rd leading scorer during that run, Tony Parker was the leading scorer followed by Duncan.

So are you gonna tell me Iguadola led the warriors to the finals because he got mvp?

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Imagine if Harden faked an injury, sat out a year, and demanded a trade. Clutchfans would hate the guy more than they do now.

tc0330 likes this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Just combination internet detective and knowing people types/personalities well.

Kawhi is quite and a great player but this allows his uncle/manager to have some power and pull over Kawhi. Uncle wants him in L.A. region, but Kawhi doesn't want to be the main show on the team.

I believe Kawhi leans toward Clippers but needs to recruit other big name FA's to go there. Sweet Lou and Harrell are not enough. If no big name joins him then there is a slight possibility he join the Lakers with LeBron. New house in L.A. speaks volumes.

New York also works for the uncle as far as fame and shoe deal/commercials. Easy to recruit Durant to join him with Knicks. Kawhi liked the Doctor(s) and spent rehab there while taking final year off from Spurs.

If Raptors win it all....I can see Kawhi upping his contract for another year. I can't remember if his contract is up or player option.

Rockets have a slim chance on Butler. Not much chance on Top FA's. Mid tiers like Tobias Harris are possible. Depends on if CP3 is moved.....or not.

Just my humble opinion. Kawhi's uncle/posse overshadow Kawhi's best interest.

16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yep only guys I'm trading harden for are kd kwahi n Giannis cause of age(harden better right now tho)

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rockets were stockpiling assets for a possible trade it didnt matter whether it was Harden or somebody else, the plan was always to trade for a rising star Harden just happened to be the one available.

Kawhi was labeled as a very solid role player during his draft he would have been a perfect fit regardless who Rox managed to get. You can't have enough defense snd rebounding.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Heaven and earth has moved for me, and more than once, but it had nothing to do with basketball.

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Don’t you think if we woulda drafted Kawhi, the Thunder would have wanted him in the trade? I think if we drafted Kawhi, we probably don’t get Harden.