1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Athletic) Detroit might pass on Cade and take Jalen Green #1?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 22, 2021.

1. PatBev

PatBev Member

I think KPJ/Green will have great chemistry on and off the court but think KPJ/Cade will be full of conflict over who is the PG, leader, franchise player blah blah. I see them clashing

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I agree that KPJ/Green would have great chemistry, but they'd also probably be the worst defensive guard duo in the NBA.

Dacamel, Jontro, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  3. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Same here. He may be the crazy b*stard to do it. I'd have all the respect in the world if he did too.

4. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

KPJ and Green just started following each other on IG.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Won't happen.

6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Mobley and Kevin Love started following each other

JK....what about KPorter-Mobley?

coachbadlee likes this.
  7. TimDuncanDonaut

Adam Morrison's cousin made some good points. I kinda dig this in a bed room with a microphone setup.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  8. markelliott1997

D-rock likes this.
  9. kiwirocketsfan

Relatively high floor but aren’t convinced he has the ceiling. I kind of see him as mid-career style Iguodala level.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I dunno ....I think it matters more how Stone & Co evaluate the two. If they feel one is clearly better than another I might entertain the idea of giving them #2 and their pick back for #1 to guarantee I get my guy.

That pick isn't all that valuable to us because of the protections but because of league rules , Detroit can't trade a first round pick until that pick conveys or expires. It's much more valuable to them than it is to us.

Now if Stone & Co don't see a clearly better player among the two ... then sit at #2 and take what falls in your lap.

I kinda see Cade as the superior talent .... His size is going to create mismatches all over the court and he's a 40%+ 3 point shooter on top of his ability to get others open shots.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

D-rock likes this.
  12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Make it easy for us with Cade Cunningham going #2 to the Houston Rockets.

We can dream...

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So Toronto is trading its 4th pick plus extra to Detroit for Mobley and then Detroit will select Suggs at 4?

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I wouldn't care. I'd trade KPJ in a heart beat if it were a problem. I think he's raised his stock enough to at least get a late 1st for him.

Dacamel, sammy and B-Bob like this.
  15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

KPJ factors into this decision about 0%. He’s a late pick prospect who showed some flashes last year. Happy with his potential but some of you are delusional

16. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

If the Piston rate Green over Cade, why in the world wouldn't they propose a trade with the Rockets? Swap 1 and 2 and get back their obligation for a future #1 back that is blocking a lot of their future trade options via the Stepien rule?

xaos likes this.
  17. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Rockets promote him like he is the franchise. Most late pick prospects can't score 50 points in a game.

D-rock and Verbal Christ like this.
  18. steddinotayto

What's the point of doing this? Houston has no reason to move up to the #1 spot if it means adding picks/assets into the mix. I'm sure Stone would be fine taking Cunningham at #2 if Detroit takes Green at #1.

D-rock likes this.
  19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

To ensure the Rockets get Cade if they have him the clear #1

The only included draft pick is giving Detroit their own owed future protected pick that might not materialize for years. It's way more valuable to them than us because it is preventing them from including their #1's in any future trade deal.

#219 Dubious, Jun 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  20. steddinotayto

I guess I'm not following your thought process. If Detroit picks Green....that means Houston gets to pick Cunningham without any issue/blockage. Unless you're saying that Detroit is going to pick Cade instead of Green because they somehow know Stone/Rockets wants Cade really bad to the point that they would give up a draft pick to move up one singular spot. In that scenario both front offices should be fired. Cunningham is not even rated as a generational talent on Zion or LeBron levels so I don't see the point/value of trading up for him when this team needs to keep/acquire as many pick as possible for the rebuild.

D-rock and Little Bit like this.