1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Athletic] Apparantley Rockets Had A Good Offseason, David Aldridge Ranks Houston Rockets #1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Aug 25, 2021.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Stone has done great in spite of Wall still being on the team.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

that was my assumption - but the joke was not apparant to me... ty for the clarification. :)

Os Trigonum likes this.
  3. HardenVolumeOne

we are indifferent

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

David Aldridge
    I remember him. He’s an actual reporter and journalist before the cable sports networks replaced them all with personalities or women who rat out other women to get some pay raise

@Jontro

5. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I guarantee we will win a ring before Morey and the sixers

conquistador#11, tinman and hakeem94 like this.
  6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We got step one right, but we should have moved Wood to Sac and picked up Davion Mitchell. Huge missed opportunity there, but forgivable. We'll ultimately see what we can get for Wood, but we blew what I consider max value.

Still important to make sure we are top 3 pick bad in the next two years, otherwise all this is wasted.

juanming and DonatelloLimestone like this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Too many guards on our team
    Prefer bigs and wings

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why not tank 5 years in a row like philly?
    and look at them now!! they winning all the rings and accolades

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

apparantley it's not unusual for us to be loved by anyone

cmlmel77, Slim and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. DonatelloLimestone

we just had a great team, and in some ways got spoiled we had a hof who could take us far and the way we got into rebuilding was disasterous PR after PR.

that said, stone has impressed. he gave us some glimmer of hope in a terrible year with no meaningful games with intent to lose by getting KMJ, Tate, KPJ, Wood last year

now we have a direction and the relief and stress of keeping our pick materialized and we hopefully have another cornerstone. maybe one more to go with no stress as we hve our pick unprotected. We're young, developing team, but its a relief that we got out of last years ditch, got our pick, let alone Sengung in the mids. Sky is clearing and Rockets looking to lift off once again, phew.

Ariza4MVP and clos4life like this.
  11. VoR

VoR Member

I fix this:

1. Suns
    2. Mavericks
    3. Hawks
    4. Hornets
    5. Grizzlies
    6. Pelicans
    7. OKC
    8. Knicks
    9. Wolves
    10. Rockets

DeBeards likes this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ever heard of carlton?

Nook likes this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Dubious likes this.
  15. conquistador#11

Just going back and seeing some of the "Trust the Process" 76ers and their drafts:
    2013, 11th pick bust
    2014, 3rd pick Embiid
    2015, 3rd pick who? Bust.
    2016, 1st pick Ben Simmons
    2017, 1st pick Bust.
    2018, 10th pick Bust

What the Rockets have done in acquiring potential talent in 12 months is nothing short of a miracle. [​IMG]

Rashmon likes this.
  16. larsv8

Because of our pick obligations to OKC and the timing of when our cap space opens up.

Nook likes this.
  17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This confuses me. We currently have a backcourt of the future of KPJ + Green. And we also have Josh Christopher and Armoni Brooks. You wanted to trade Wood to relegate Davion Mitchell to becoming the future third guard in our rotation? I like Davion Mitchell but I don't see how it makes sense to trade a borderline all-star/fully proven starter who is only 25 years old for Mitchell if we don't even have room for him as a starter. And I am not at all opposed to trading Wood if the deal makes sense. I just don't think this would have made sense.

cmlmel77 likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

otherwise it would be perfect to tank for 5 years and end up exactly where the philly has ended?(ie nowhere) lololol

Kevooooo likes this.
  19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

He also got a lucky bounce or two from the ping pong balls that converted our pick to #2 overall rather than below the top 4 which would have turned out to be disastrous.

Kudos to Hakeem with helping bring back at top 3 pick to the H!!!! We knew if there was anyone... THE Legend would do it for us!

[​IMG]

20. larsv8

I appreciate your commitment to character (and humorous when it was Harty) and want to take this post at face value, but I feel like any meaning discourse about JC with you will not be possible. I am sure you understand.

Lazy argument. You can find examples of all kinds of rebuild strategies on both ends of the spectrum that have been successful or not.

Philly was in good spot with Embiid, Simmons coming in successive years as two high end building blocks, and it STILL didn't work out, mostly because Simmons just isn't good enough.

Their timing was wrong, as they built out their roster too quickly. Harris, Horford, Butler around a first and second year Core is a bad timeline and the exact mistake we should be avoiding. They were losing key pieces to free agency and trade before their foundation even entered their primes.

We don't even have that foundations. We very well could have Zach Lavine, Dmo and Tyreke Evans for all we know. This rebuild needs time and no wasted moral victory seasons. Be VERY VERY bad until it makes sense to start being good. This is a critical period in the rebuild.

juanming likes this.