1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by nevetslc, Jun 28, 2010.

1. nevetslc

nevetslc Member

[​IMG]

http://www.playersvoice.com/nba/love-to-hate.html

by MARK GREY

2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Kobe Clutchfans hater list.
    1.Pull_Up_3

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

his finals performance was terrible, yet he gets the MVP? :(

4. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

couldnt agree more! I though Pau was more valuable in that series than Kobe..

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he had a bad game 7.
    did you even watch the series?
    game 1 30 points
    game 2 21 points
    game 3 29 points
    game 4 33 points
    game 5 38 points
    game 6 26 points
    game 7 23 points

that's 'terrible' dude.

6. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Pffftt...ONLY 23 points?! :rolleyes:

:p

7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Come on tinman without pau those number wouldnt mean crap as much as i hate both kobe and pau, pau deserved the mvp imo.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

people can hate the guy, but don't hate the game.

rockets fans can only hope to have a guy that durable and dedicated.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Hating Kobe doesn't need to be artistic. Pure, unadulterated (no pun intended) hate is enough. :grin:

10. tinman

Supporting Member

game 1 23
    game 2 25
    game 3 13
    game 4 21
    game 5 12
    game 6 17
    game 7 19

nah. it's kobe dude. not saying you don't have an argument.

11. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Yep, I think Kobe is great on the court but a jackass off the court. Just my opinion.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Haters need to step their game up.

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Quick question, have you met him or spoken to him off the court, or is this hearsay?

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I remember a time when I really disliked Kobe, but its been a while. I think his maturity level has increased quite a bit these last 4 years or so, and I respect the dedication he shows to his craft. Its the insecure Kobe fans that I come across too often on the internet that annoy me.

15. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Personally I think that the guy's a tool, but sure he's damn good. I think that it's debatable when discussing whether or not he's the best current player; what's not debatable is that he's currently the most successful player in terms of titles and a damn good one at that. Man I feel dirty....

16. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

This. Kobe is annoying, but not really any more so then any long time Rockets adversaries like Dirk or Deron, and his competitive spirit is unmatched by anyone. His fans, however, are the worst in the league, what with their acting like he's the greatest player ever and the Lakers are worthless and their hatred of really everyone else in the NBA (even other Lakers) for somehow annoying His Excellency. I hate them more than I hate fans of Utah or Dallas.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's not an opinion...thats fact.

from a pure basketball standpoint, hes exceptional. Not the best of all time, but among the greats given his entire career.

However, as a person he is complete trash

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This article is stupid...

Got it....it's not okay to complain that Kobe only wins because he is surrounded by unbelievable supporting cast (Gasol - whom JVG considered the best big in the game this year, Odom, Bynum, Artest, Fisher....or Shaq, Horry, Fisher, etc.).

wait...now I'm confused?? :confused: The quality of the supporting cast is a big factor in who wins and losses in the NBA post-season??? :confused: :confused:

Dumb, dumb author.

Yes, Kobe is polarizing. I don't like him, but certainly respect how talented he is.

His Finals performance wasn't great. He put up the points, but shot horribly and was down a fair amount on assists. But it wasn't bad, either. He rebounded like a mad man and played solid d.

I think you could have fairly given the Finals MVP to Gasol. Like Kobe, he struggled with his FG%, but it was the interior rebounding and defense that resulted in the series victory, of which Pau anchored. He had 13 and 18 boards, 3 and 2 blocks and 9 and 4 assists, respectively in the Game 6 and 7 wins.

Kobe also rebounded like a fool in the final two games of the series, and had a great, efficient Game 6, but his Game 7 was a little off (rebounds aside..he struggled from the field, only 2 assists, 4 turnovers, 4 PFs.)

OTOH, you can't really argue with Kobe getting the award, either.

He's an amazing player.

19. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

I second this notion. Kobe the player is not nearly as hateable as he was 5 or 6 years ago. He's the best player in the game who works harder than anyone else. He's got sportmanship on/off the court, he def respects his opponents much more than he used to. His downfall are these Laker "Kobe Fanboy" followers that drive me mad. It's really like a cult more than any other fan base. I'll give you an example, last summer when Jordan Crawford dunked on Lebron, these fans were all over Lebron. There were like 30 page threads dedicated to Lebron getting dunked on. And then I remember someone said in a forum how OJ Mayo dunked on Kobe in the summer too, and then the Kobe nut cases went on about in great detail why the dunks were different and that Kobe wasn't really dunked on?? It's a level of insecurity that is disgusting. More so than any other athlete I can remember, other than MJ, but MJ is the GOAT !!

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

All the childish nicknames and bringing up the rape case is lame.