1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Answer is: FIRE LES

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ShiniKashi, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Harden's beard

this old mofo doesn't know **** about basketball

2. Harden's beard

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Welp.... (via <a href="https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA">@WojVerticalNBA</a>) <a href="https://t.co/RLseR1ONNO">pic.twitter.com/RLseR1ONNO</a></p>&mdash; Red Nation Hoops (@RedNationHoops) <a href="https://twitter.com/RedNationHoops/status/733012132367728640">May 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Rockets have had crap uniforms/logo ever since his influence.

He also held Houston back in getting NHL.

He got lucky with Hakeem, but only worse HOU owner ever was Adams.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Been saying this for years, he inherited a championship team built by Steve Patterson primarily.

DD

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Les has never been on the wrong end of a big fan hate effort. For the most part i think he's been a good owner and has enjoyed support. But the the decision-making over the last year or so has changed my thinking. The big Jeremy Lin acquisition a few years earlier really smacks of ownership gimmick; that ended up costing us a 1st round pick. The firing of McHale a few games into the season without a plan smacks of a temper tantrum by an angry owner. You give the guy an extension and then you fire him? Lots of short-sided decision-making; Les is not managing the team well. This coaching hire and the way we approach this offseason is so important, but now we're hearing names like D'Antoni? Les he has a real chance to hamstring the team for years to come if he continues his instant gratification recklessness. Someone get this man a joint and some Valium.

1 person likes this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This dude blamed Adelman for Yao getting injured.

Thats how much of an ass he is.

7. Harden's beard

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;I think it's a great job with a Hall of fame player in Harden. That's why I was interested.&quot; - Jeff Van Gundy <a href="https://t.co/LbOSfTUvQo">https://t.co/LbOSfTUvQo</a></p>&mdash; Rockets Insider (@Rockets_Insider) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rockets_Insider/status/733024389390700545">May 18, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

A hall of famer that's gonna leave because our owner is an idiot.

9. Play07

Play07 Member

never saw a team that crazy about bringing n someone that hasnt coached in years, already coached here, and is not even getting interviews anywhere only on CF

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Instant gratification is the key term. Les was spoiled as an owner his first two seasons. He was handed a championship team built by Steve Patterson(whom he promptly fired, BTW) when he bought the franchise. Then his first personnel move as an owner(the Drexler trade) helped that pre-built roster win a 2nd consecutive title.

I completely understand the man wanting to taste championship glory again, but he's never come to grips with the reality that these things take time. That 1994 title team took years to assemble. Dream was in his 10th season for God's sake! He'd already been part of an entirely different team that went to the Finals way back in 1986. We had to slowly and methodically acquire additional pieces like OT, Kenny, Mad Max, Herrera, Horry, Sam I Am, and Mario Elie, and the guy that brought them all together, Rudy T, had to be promoted(against his will I might add) to head coach.

I think because Les never had to experience that as an owner, he's had it in his mind ever since that you can trade or sign your way to contender status and that simply doesn't work. Even the Miami Heat who landed LeBron and Bosh in free agency in one offseason had to suck years before to land Wade with the #4 pick in the 2003 draft. And BTW, what free agency giveth, it also taketh away as LeBron is now back in Cleveland and the Heat are back to being pretenders.

Unfortunately Les is a stubborn old man in his early 70's who is not gonna change his mindset. So until the day comes where he sells the team to someone who does have the patience and foresight to build a contender over several seasons(and at least partly through the draft), we're gonna continue to suffer through mediocrity just as we have for most of the last 19 years.

11. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Les gave us flying rocket dildos and chinese takeout jerseys. What more could you want?

2 people like this.
  12. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Peace.

13. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need a petition to have him sell the team to a Houston group.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pure truth by a pure fan

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well never get more! Because we're dealing with Les.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am thankful for Les and his hiring of MDA. Now I know I can save a few hundred bucks by not buying league pass.

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

This is one of the more insightful posts I've ever read. Couldn't agree more.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He sure knows how to set the franchise years back

Guy is a dictator of a mini venture