1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Answer: FIRE MOREY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davestrate, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Morey was also partly responsible for drafting Gerald Green. :(

2. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Morey should be fired. They don't put enough cheese on the nachos at the Toyota Center, and the bathroom tissue is not soft enough.

3. Bimoon

Bimoon New Member

It's ineviteble.
    you tell me what is truly needed in terms of personel.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not angry with DM. I get frustrated with some of his moves...and I'm very concerned now about direction. But I'm on record in this very thread saying I don't want the guy fired. I do reserve the right to amend that position, however. Pro sports is a bottom line business..make no mistake, in the NBA that bottom line is nothing less than playoff success.

I'm frustrated with the entire situation, because I don't see a way out that isn't years away. Similar to DaDa's thread here a couple of weeks back on strategy...the conclusion is....what we've been doing hasn't worked....and now we've created an environment that none of the "superstars" seem to consider worth playing in. I'm frustrated by how short-sighted they've been with Yao, when they absolutely knew better. I'm frustrated that they sold us this crap this year. I'm frustrated that they've won one playoff series over the last 13 years or so...because this used to be a killer franchise that found itself in the Finals 4 times in 16 seasons.

I know it usually gets said that if you criticize a team like I'm doing here, you're really not a fan. That your words should always be supportive. Yeah, I'm calling B.S. on this....if I weren't a fan I wouldn't be this frackin' frustrated...and frankly, i'm surprised anyone who is a Rockets fan wouldn't be frustrated by now. We've seen franchise rise, fall and rise again over the last 13 seasons. We're busy putting "good enough" on the court....good enough to just make or miss the playoffs...but never exceptional.

2 people like this.
  5. Prince

Prince Member

Are you talking to me?

[​IMG]

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Post of the Month. Rep'd.

7. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Here the problem with #1...

Acquiring young talent as "assets" to build your team by then trading them for a "star" needs a "perfect storm" of possibilities. You have to highly $Ball the "star", the trade partner has to value your collection of assets AND the trade partner must be in full blow-up mode with the ability to take on 3 or 4 players.

The latter aspect of sending 3 or 4 players is crucial to understand. $Ball is a risk averse method. So your assets will nearly always be under-paid. You'll need more of them for salary matching.

As for me, I don't particularly care when or what Morey does. Reeling in the big fish requires taking your boat into deep waters. And that's a risk the Morey Rockets won't take. So I'm not holding my breath. Especially for a management philosophy that took multiple seasons to figure out athleticism needed to be included into the "formula".

Just my humble opinion, there's a much higher probability of Morey being gone before the Rockets make another WC Finals appearance. But I don't know enough math-magic to provide specific details for the opinion. :p

8. vick

vick Member

Its getting. close to the time where someone needs to be fired, There were to many promises made, like Red Rising. We cant blame McGrady anymore. Maybe Rockets, Astros, Texas, Dynamo, Needs to fire everyone. Rockets, Texans, Astros were given hew stadiums. Dynamo wants new stadium to open in 2012. Why should all our teams get these buildings, WHEN THEY ALL SUCK. :mad:

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just sit back and relax.

It was NEVER about this year, it was always about moving forward with or without Yao.

They had to give it one more college try with Yao.

Morey has set himself up to rebuild after the new CBA is announced.

The Red Rising bit was always a HOPE that Yao would be healthy and the team would gel.......it didn't....and it isn't healthy.....so the are still on course with the main plan...for NEXT year.....

This was the last desperate attempt at winning in the Yao era.....time to move on....

DD

10. Buck Turgidson

I think that speaks volumes to the point made earlier about "team" meaning a cohesive unit vs. "team" meaning a collection of assets.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You should try arguing that with this idiot:

12. DaDakota

This is a great point, somehow that collection of assets failed to gel, whether it be due to injury or games just not meshing, or folks trying to hard to fit in....

The injuries (outside of Yao's ) could not have been predicted......Aaron Brooks injury was a killer we could not afford to lose him for a lengthy period, and we did....

He is the most important player on the Rockets, at least offensively.....he makes the entire thing go.

DD

13. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Man how many hours do you spend on this site a day?

14. DaDakota

Don't know, does it bother you?

Tell me about your mother.....

;)

DD

15. Buck Turgidson

Just ask thadeus.

16. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Nope, to each his own...I'm just wondering. Especially when I see you trolling about 27 different threads, basically talking to yourself and posting something every minute and a half.

17. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

Sigh. It's like no matter what is said or done, this meme just. won't. die.

Morey is not risk-averse. The trades for Lowry, Lee, and Martin involved considerable risk. Our pursuit of Bosh and our draft-day deal with Philly earlier this year were declined by our respective partners, but these would have been considerable risks as well. So was our acquisition of Artest in a bid to win the title in 2008. If you define 'risk' as moves that are likely to fail and harm our team then yes, I suppose Morey is risk-averse, but he's shown no aversion to taking calculated gambles.

Our front office isn't going to make panic trades and we're not going to mortgage our future in return for a few more wins this season. Just because we're not making moves doesn't mean we won't, it means there isn't anything out there that will help the team at this time. Let's chill out and let the man work.

18. davestrate

davestrate Member

Hey maybe you are right, more wins equals longer season, longer season equals more cash flow, more cash flow equals better service and free stuff. :)

19. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

Hey DD, what happened to your budinger? I thought he was going to be an allstar this year...

1 person likes this.
  20. davestrate

davestrate Member

To make things real clear real fast- DM has acknowledged that our plan is to trade for a superstar am i right? He has also mentioned that as of late no superstars are available and the plan hasn't filled its purpose. My question is how long are we going to wait for a superstar to fall on our lap? New plan or new GM. The Bosh scenario sums it all up.