1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Answer: FIRE MOREY

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davestrate, Nov 20, 2010.

1. vick

vick Member

Morey and Rick Adlenan go together. Either fire both or keep both. They are equally responsible for this team. :eek:

2. The Hard G

The Hard G Member

Bullcrap!

How is Morey supposed to do his job to the best of his ability when he is handcuffed by a cheap owner who's only goal during the season is to get under the luxury tax after Feb.?

If we want to win, we gotta make it rain!

3. A Kar

A Kar Member

The European game is much more physical than the NBA game is. I'm not sure what you mean by this post.

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

3-10 speaks for itself. Morey is not a genius. Put on your thinking cap Morey. Get out of town if you dont.

5. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

anyway, i am not happy with what we are now.

and for this season i have just watched 2.5 games, you know why?

because i saw our players sucks on the court, not even one shoot can be made. i felt so sad about the situation now.

who is the answer? mcgrady?AI? Comelon Anthony?? whatever.

6. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Why do we refuse to hold Morey accountable for this mess. He hand selected and traded for this team. I do believe his hands are tied with Yao. From Les's perspective, he's in the business to make money and if paying Yao $17 mln earns him let's say $100 mln in business from China, then from a business perspective we are keeping Yao no matter what.

But Shane (Can't score and D has slipped), Budinger (wants no part of physical contact or D), Jeffries and Chuck (can't shoot outside of 5 feet and not enough to hit the boards), Lowry (We are paying $5 mln plus for a dude who can't shoot and has the ball in his hands a majority of the time), Miller (old and unathletic), Scola (a 2nd stringer playing 1st string minutes, Scola get's abused on D and is slow as yesterday - oh yeah he did receive a hefty pay day), AB (scoring machine who is easily taken out of a game by physical D and PnR - dude sticks to screens like fly paper).

I don't know what we can get for Shane, Scola, Budinger, Jeffries, Chuck, Lowry, and AB. But we deserve better in Htown.

7. davestrate

davestrate Member

Agreeeeeed....and sure, we can get picks for the 2011 nba draft and pray to God that someone good shows up. I want to be that team that drafts 4 or 5 players in the first round alone and manages to keep all of them rather than trade them for every other team's washed up trash.

Imagine trading your entire team somehow to get the first five picks in the draft, boy that would be historic.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Its definitely NOT a Morey move. DM balked at paying 5M a year for the Polish Hammer, what makes you think he'll suddenly think a 35 year old center is worth the same amount?

DM always evaluates players based on their worth (real value) and decides if they're worth more than the market value. In Miller's case, RA prodding probably caused DM to sign him despite the high asking price. Considering Erika Dampier could had for just 2M a year I'm not sure why DM would even bother committing 15M to Miller had RA not been the coach.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lowry played like a starter calibre player last season. In fact a lot of people last year were saying he was much better with brooks.

Of course Adelman can't force DM to make decisions, but at the same time DM has to listen to the coach on which players to get. I can certainly understand how RA could have sold DM into it-Miller killed us last season and he's already familiar with the offense.

10. A Kar

A Kar Member

Lowry has never in his career been a starter level player. He has never had any offensive game. He can't shoot and is a liability on offense. His entire offensive skill set is running recklessly and out of control like a chicken with its head cut off and piling into the basket area and hoping the refs bail him out with a foul call.

In a serious team he would struggle to even make it as a second string point guard.

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Keep posting garbage like the above and you will be a rookie forever. Kyle is one of the best backup pgs in the league. Sure, he is shooting like a blind man, but I would blame the shooting woes on his back spasms (not totally he has completely recovered from it). Kyle's overall play is down from last year, but he still contributes in other facets of the game.

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

edit edit edit

13. A Kar

A Kar Member

Lowry is extremely overrated by the Rockets fan base. He is a no offense and no shot player and he does not have the intelligence to run an offense. He's a defensive energy spark off the bench. That's it.

1 person likes this.
  14. rox81

rox81 Member

Nope, Kyle was a bad shooter even before the back spasms.

(And some of us don't give two $hits about our "rookie" vs "member" status. Ooh, what can I do to elevate my status? The rest of my life is so bad I have to think of ways to gain brownie points with fellow Rocket fans.)

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lowry is a very good passer, defender, and rebounder. Among PGs, he is 9th in assist ratio and 4th in rebounding rate.

But yes, his shooting is putrid. He simply can't be that bad and expect to get lots of minutes.

16. davestrate

davestrate Member

I have to say i agree with this, both him, Brooks and now Ish Smith are exxxtremely over rated on this board. Suddenly everyone is obsessed with three point guards that complement each other marvelously instead of aspiring for one that encompasses all three attributes. As long as we keep appreciating losers like Smith (thinking because he came out of wake forest he's going to become the next CP3), we will keep sucking both during the reg season and more importantly the playoffs.

17. davestrate

davestrate Member

Daryl Morey: You know times are tough when I start tweeting quotes. Rockets fans-please know the entire org is working hard to get us back on champ path Twitter

Nice to see the man still "kinda" cares about what others think about him, but tweets such as these are not the answer to his problems nor are they in any way reassurance- not anymore. :(

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Maybe you should come up with a better idea. :rolleyes:

19. davestrate

davestrate Member

Been saying it since 2010, Howard and Harden have not made me reconsider! Bump

20. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

dear lord