1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Annual Rate My Team Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocketman95, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Here is the team I drafted today in my pay league:

QB: Favre, Simms
    RB: Jackson, Barlow, Duckett, Green
    WR: Smith, Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Burleson, Toomer, Bertain
    TE: Shockey, V. Davis
    K: Scobee
    Def: Giants, Vikings

We start 1 WR, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def.

I know my QB and 2nd RB are weak. However, I have by far (IMO) the best WR corp in the league and my TEs aren't bad either. I'm probably the happiest I've been about my team in a long, long time.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I forgot to add that I was drafting from the 5th spot in a 12-team league.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I hate you for putting "Smith" as one of your WRs. It took me like 5 minutes to realize you were talking about Steve.

Your QBs are average at best, your RB corps is not looking good unless Ahman bounces back, even then you're still thin because Duckett is never gonna be more than a risk-play who will burn you with 1 point days unless he scores. Defenses are pretty good, I like the Giants and the vikes are a sleeper. Your Wideouts will have to be your strength and you at least have solid TE plays.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Either Favre or Simms are going to have to be Pro-Bowl calibur for you to go anywhere it seems, since your RB core is mostly 2nd stringers.

Watch the waivers like a hawk, because you need to snag a starting RB badly.

If I were you I'd trade a reciever or two for an undervalued RB, like Warrick Dunn. Or perhaps try and snag Clinton Portis while his stock is down, that way you'll have his backup on standby if anything happens to either one of em.

Food for thought.

5. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Receiving corp looks great. You have a good RB in Jackson, and as for QB ehh who cares, i'm not sold on needing to have a stud QB, I think the guys you have will do fine.

If I were you, I'd try trading one of my stud receivers and my backup running back for another stud (sleeper) RB. I like DeShaun Foster to have a big year this year, he has all the talent in the world, a solid O-line and a team that likes to run the ball. Also might be able to steal Fred Taylor off someone now that Greg Jones is hurt if they don't already know about that.

6. Summer Song Giver

I don't think that is a winning team RM95, you need to get creative with one of your WRs and TEs (which both positions are great) and find some more production from the RB slot.

7. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

My squad: 12 team league

1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, DST, K starts

QB: C. Palmer, Roethlisberger
    RB: Edgerrin James, Westbrook, Mike Bell, Kevan Barlow
    WR: Hines Ward, Darrell Jackson, Eddie Kennison, Matt Jones, Nate Burleson
    TE: Witten
    DST: Giants
    K: Vinatieri

I got too drunk a few weeks ago and missed my draft, so NFL.com did it for me:( I made a few roster moves and stole Hines Ward for the Bucs DST! I think my team is pretty good.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I was thinking trying to pry Foster away yesterday actually. I was going to try and get Stallworth from the guy hoping he hadn't heard about the trade. If he wasn't so injury prone, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But if I trade one of my WRs for him and he gets hurt, then I'm screwed. I basically need Portis' shoulder to fall off.

I think I'll end the season having 5 stud players. If I can get just average production out of Green/Barlow/Duckett, then I should have a successful season.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

My team

QB: Culpepper, Brees, Rivers
    RB: Portis, McGahee, Droughns, corey dillion
    WR: Chad Johnson, Javon Walker, Joe Horn, Brnadon Lloyd
    TE: Shockey, Winslow
    Def: Broncos, Bengals
    K: Tynes?

My Team

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

QB: McNabb, Simms
    RB: Rudi Johnson, Carnell Williams, Fred Taylor, Kevan Barlow, Michael Bennett
    WR: TO, Andre Johnson, Deion Branch, Mushin Muhammed, Tony Gonzalez
    K: David Akers
    Def: Atlanta

Starting spots are QB, RB RB, WR WR WR/T, K, DEF

11. BenignDMD

Drop Barlow for Lundy if you can. I did it yesterday. Barlow is going to split carries with Blaylock and Houston in NY. Plus, the Jets Offense sucks. Barlow is way too inconsistent and imo Barlow will be nothing better than a 4th string RB in ffball

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

and Lundy has much more potential? He's going to split carries with Morency and the Texans offense isn't exactly the most high powered. I don't like Barlow that much either, but I don't really see Lundy getting the bulk of the carries with Morency chomping at the bit.

Mike Bell has been available on the waiver wire in a lot of leagues, I'm surprised nobody is investing a late round pick in this guy, he's the frickin starting runningback in the Denver offense ffs.

13. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

How much money do you win in "pay leagues?" Like the sum of what everyone put in?

14. BenignDMD

At least Lundy will be in Kubiak's one cut running offense. I agree that Mike Bell should definitley be picked up ahead of Lundy though, I was just comparing Barlow and Lundy.

15. Summer Song Giver

Ours is 50 for you buy in, 5 dollars per waiver wire transaction; 12 team league. We were well over 1,000 dollars last season. Pays three spots.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

We're $150 per team. There's a weekly $20 skins for highest point total (you have to beat an average of the high scores as the weeks go on...if no one does, the $20 goes over to next week...last year some guy won like $80 by beating that score), first place gets around $900 or so, second $400.

17. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

I wish I knew enough about football to actually bet money on my knowledge...

I have never played fantasy football before, but I've gotten into the hype...so this is my first team. ( I made one more team, because I think this was a bad draft for me.)

QB -

D. McNabb
    D. Carr
    M. Vick

RB -

L. Jordan
    J. Jones
    D. Rhodes
    K. Jones

WR -

S. Smith
    A. Johnson
    L. Evans
    Ma. Jones

TE -

T. Gonzalez
    B. Troupe

K -

J. Elam

Def -

Seattle

18. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

I also had the last pick, first pick drafting position.

19. BenignDMD

How many teams are in your league?

20. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Twelve... i think. Should I cut a rb and pick up Moulds? (three receiver thing)?