1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Annoying/Despised People Tournament - Final

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockets-#1, Apr 29, 2005.

?

Who is more annoying and hated by you

1. Karl Malone / John Stockton / Utah Jazz

35 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Telemarketers

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Vote for who you dislike/hate more and you find more annoying.

1) Karl Malone / John Stockton / Utah Jazz
    vs.
    9) Telemarketers

It would be a traveshamockery if this site of all places doesn't vote for Karla and co..

2. rockets-#1

I will forever hate the Karla and the j*zz. They should win this in a landslide. They've taken out Carlos Beltran/Scott Boras, Dr. Phil, and Ashlee Simpson among others. That is no easy task right there; they had possibly the toughest road to the final. These bear huggers should easily win.

3. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

so.. conflicted... should I contribute to them finally winning a championship??

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

:D

5. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

This is too funny.

When do we add Dirks flopping to the list?

6. rockets-#1

:D
    Hey, another tournament like this could be done but with concepts like that or "slow drivers in the fast lane." It would have to be a long time from now for sure, though. Also, some posters don't like the idea of this tournament and those wonderful, happy people have made it a point to post in different rounds of this tournament and exclaim how much this tournament sucks. :rolleyes: So, maybe it's not such a great idea.

It's good to see the results going the right way so far.

By the way, this will go until sometime late Sunday night.

7. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

i considered for long, as two of my three most depised groups of people, the jazz and telemarketers, were put up against each other - and so, over days of questioning, i came to the conclusion that although i hate the oldies of the jazz more, at least they retired and went away and will sometime die...telemarketers on the other hand, will never die. those bastards will live on - phoning me during canucks games, rockets games, and masturbation.

telemarketers are pure evil.

8. rockets-#1

THE j*zz CHEATED THE ROCKETS OUT OF A F****** CHAMPIONSHIP *** DAMN IT!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: It doesn't matter if those (expletive expletive expletive) went away, think back to the bear hug.... their crimes against our team and city should never be forgotten. aiejowdsvsdsdvdsenfnvkjvqjvb ahhhhhhhhh :mad:

9. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

The Jazzholes. One of the few times I wanted to beat the crap out of somebody, was when this Jazz fan who worked at the same place I did said " those championships they won don't count anyway".
    3814 said telemarketers never go away and this is true, but there are lot of f***ing idiots out there who feel the same way as the jazzhole I mentioned above. I'm lumping in fans of every other team I can't stand with the Jazz. Lakers,Sonics,Suns and especially the Spurs.

10. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

first of all, i should clarify, i'm a new rockets fan (since about a year ago) because of joining this site a few years ago (i cheered for them last playoffs, but could not become a full fan until francis left...i'm from vancouver, so that should explain that). i was always a grizzlies fan until they left vancouver, then i was a fan of no team in particular.

so, although i saw the jazz screw the rockets over, i wasn't a rockets fan at the time - and although i feel for all of you guys, i can't feel the pain in the same way that most of you do.

the rockets are my team now, and sure i wish they had more banners up there, but i never lived the hype of clutchcity and the sadness of the loss to the jazz in the same frame of mind as many of you guys. hell, i even rooted for the jazz (even though i hated them, i hated the bulls at the time more) in the finals.

so yeh, that kinda explains why i hate telemarketers more - even though i do truly hate malone and stockton and the jazz.

11. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

3814, not trying to be nasty but clutch city wasn't hype.
    Living through both Phi slamma Jamma losses, the Rockets losing to the Celtics in 1986, The Astros the same year,the Oilers meltdowns in the playoffs and then that particular series against Phoenix in 1994, clutch city was something very deep and cathartic to Houston sports fans. I don't know if it affected others as profoundly as it did me, but there definetly was a change. I made my 10 year old brother stay up late so we could watch the Rockets come back from the almost dead against phoenix on that friday the 13th in 1994. For those of who never stopped believing, it was every good feeling you could possibly feel when they won and now it had a classic name to boot.

Clutch City = Good Times

12. Fatty FatBastard

Is 3814 Grizzled? I'm curious.

My take is always, always Earl. That did more to me, rooting wise, than is possible.

The man has no legs, anymore. What other sacrifice can you give?

After Earl, I was in a state of shock. Didn't care at all about the '81 playoffs.

Only became mildly interested in the '86 basketball series. (I still remember my dad writing a two page retrospective on the game to catch me up!)

I was playing football during the '86 Astros/Mets series. I stayed in our lockeroom till 8:30. (Kevin F'in Bass)

For whatever reason, Ollie Luck's Scab team of '87 combined with A&M 's football season made me a true sports fan. I haven't looked back since.

I believe, and most people will attest, that I am a true (deep steel); (Red and Mustard); (Brick and Sand); blue fan.

13. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

It's going to be a landslide. The bloody freakin j*zz. F them. F them to hell.

14. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

nope.

15. Jeffster

Jeffster Contributing Member

Don't have any problem with either. The Malone/Stockton Jazz were fun to watch, and telemarketers are just doing their job. I just tell them "no thanks" and hang up, they can't force you to buy anything.

16. rockets-#1

I guess I'm gonna go ahead and declare the j*zz the winner. We all knew this seed was gonna win due to what site this is, but it was still fun to see the various matchups throughout the tourney.

17. Isabel

Isabel Member

For what it's worth... I liked your tournament and it seems like a lot of other people did too. If you don't like something, don't post in it. Don't keep clicking on it. Everybody is not going to be interested in every thread.

I guess we don't have any tournaments going right now... so that gives the tournament haters something to be happy about...