1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The American mass resemble a bunch of powerless sheep

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Karlfranklin, Mar 4, 2011.

Tags:
  1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody is saying the poor deserve an equal share of profits. I think you misunderstand the argument. What is being said is that times are tough and people are being asked to sacrifice to help improve things. The deal is, it isn't only poor people who should have to sacrifice. Everyone, including the rich, should pitch in.

The reason why the rich should pitch in more is that they have more, and are making more than ever before. Everyone other than the rich is suffering because of the economy the rich made. Yet the rich are profiting. The benefit of 1% at the expense of 99% isn't healthy for society.

All the poor pay taxes, and those taxes hurt them more than the wealthy's taxes. Everyone pays sales tax, tax on gasoline, and numerous other taxes for energy, etc. Those taxes are a much larger percentage of a poor person's income than they are for the wealthy.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except that's not true in the USA.

Again people have a better chance of upward mobility in nations like France, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, etc. It's a lot easier to be capable of doing more in those nations. Why not make it like it used to be when the U.S. had a middle class and our nation as whole was healthier and more dominant? It's better for everyone.

3. T-Mac1

T-Mac1 Contributing Member

"There is no reason to accept the doctrines crafted to sustain power and privilege, or to believe that we are constrained by mysterious and unknown social laws. These are simply decisions made within institutions that are subject to human will and that must face the test of legitimacy. And if they do not meet the test, they can be replaced by other institutions that are more free and more just, as has happened often in the past."-- Noam Chomsky, American linguist and US media and foreign policy critic.

4. Beavis

Beavis Member

karlfranklin, i sent you an email

my dad has inside classified info, im telling my friends everything i know....

5. Karlfranklin

Karlfranklin Member

March 16, 2011
    Dividends Will Enrich Bank Chiefs
    By ERIC DASH

The news and facts never surprise me. It's all systematic.

6. HombreDeHierro

Someone said education is a means to an end. It's so true how there are different means to that end now, some which require the IQ of a doorknob.

It just goes to show that the consumer-oriented buy it, have it, get more aspect of American society has eroded the very fabric off of which it was based.

Hard work and integrity.

We worked so hard to get what we desired, but we forgot to pass on the fundamentals to each passing generation. Now it's "i'll get it now by any means" instead of "i'll get it when i get it but ill do it right".